How is Pioneer held here?
May 29, 2008 at 1:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sackynut

100+ Head-Fier
Im curious as to how Pioneer headphones (amped or unamped, just in general) are hled here. How are they GENERALLY (I know they have many different cans) looked at? I read somewhere they tend to be bright. Other reviews have said good things. Im looking to buy some SE-M380's and I was just wondering if Pioneer produces good products overall or not.

Thanks for any insight into the matter.

May 29, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #2 of 8
The se-m380's have a hole in them for super bass ? I can't see how that will help bass response. I've never used any Pioneer phones, so I can't judge. Just an observation.

May 29, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #3 of 8
Well Im wondering because if Pioneer is known for decent quality products, with a lot of detail, Im willing to go out on a limb and try something different by getting the M380's.

Ive purchased products for $60, that were honestly worth $20-$25. My basic theory (when purchasing something with hardly any reviews) is if the company produces good products that have decent or great price to performance ratios, Im willing to try an unreviewed product at a decent price. If that makes sense.

May 29, 2008 at 4:16 AM Post #4 of 8
I don't think pioneer is regarded here much in either direction, they aren't a mainstay and there hasn't been a fotm one either afaik. What came up when you searched?

May 29, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #5 of 8
I ve seen lot of DJ's using pioneer headphones...

but for Audiophiles they are not appealing.

May 29, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #6 of 8
Almost nothing, a couple of dealers, and some "price grabber"-esque sites. The only REAL reviews of the cans are on pioneers website, and they are all quasi-rave reviews, so I take them with a grain of salt. They dont seem that bad. For $50, and from Pioneer, I expect pretty decent headphones. I feel like trying something new. Sometimes you get owned, and sometimes you find a diamond in the rough.

My ATH-SJ3's were an example of "owned". I paid $60 for some HORRIBLE sounding headphones. At least they look cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back