How is Khozmo Stepped Attenuators?
Aug 20, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #16 of 440
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Steve,

How about a project using on of these and a transformer..............
tongue.gif

Jam

I just heard back from Arek Kallas at Khozmo and he confirmed that they are indeed made in Poland. So I may just do that.

k

Aug 20, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #17 of 440
Steve,

I propose we design a HP amplifier using said control and publish in this forum.

It could go like this

Input.......Volme control.....Buffer.....ugh! Transformer(X10)...Buffer.
Low noise PSU and could double as a preamp.

Jam

Aug 20, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #19 of 440
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koyaan I. Sqatsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How sure are you of that? I know the company's based in Poland, but with those prices on top of free worldwide shipping, I can't help seeing China somewhere in the equation.

k

Why would that be an issue?

Aug 20, 2009 at 7:39 PM Post #20 of 440
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianDonegan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would that be an issue?

Because if they were made in China, I wouldn't buy them.

k

Aug 20, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #22 of 440
Hmmm... there were options to 'add to cart' an hour ago or so, maybe they sold out.

Aug 20, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #24 of 440
Quote:

Originally Posted by devin_mm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm... there were options to 'add to cart' an hour ago or so, maybe they sold out.

I believe that's the case.

The following was posted by someone over at diyAudio:

I currently have an order with them and while communication has been very good up to this point they are running a bit behind schedule. It's typical "we just launched the site/product" type of stuff I'm sure.

k

Aug 20, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #25 of 440
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koyaan I. Sqatsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe that's the case.

The following was posted by someone over at diyAudio:

I currently have an order with them and while communication has been very good up to this point they are running a bit behind schedule. It's typical "we just launched the site/product" type of stuff I'm sure.

k

That'd be me and I heard from Arek (the owner) today. They are working on streamlining their production process so that may be why they took the order buttons down. My order is supposed to ship in approximately one week so we'll see how they do with that. As I said at DIY audio the communication so far as been very good.

Aug 21, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #26 of 440
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That'd be me and I heard from Arek (the owner) today. They are working on streamlining their production process so that may be why they took the order buttons down. My order is supposed to ship in approximately one week so we'll see how they do with that. As I said at DIY audio the communication so far as been very good.

Yup. That was you alright.
atsmile.gif

And yes, communication is good. It wasn't long before I received a reply to my EMail asking where they were made.

I'm really looking forward to finding out how these things feel. I don't care how good they sound or how good they look, if they feel klunky or sloppy, I'm going to have to pass on them.

k

Aug 21, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #29 of 440
Quote:

Originally Posted by fsrick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hope you guys can the item soon then let us know your impression. I really want to put this sexy pot in my build
smily_headphones1.gif

I know what you mean.

But for now, you're just going to have to settle for photographs and a bottle of Jergens Lotion.
biggrin.gif

k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back