How is Khozmo Stepped Attenuators?
Sep 18, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #106 of 440
in theory how much better is this than a balanced 4 dact like justins or the shallco over the dact?

Sep 18, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #107 of 440
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you might check around at some other places before giving up. For example:

Acoustic-Dimension, high-end audio and components for tube audio

Eeeww. They're anodizing them blue now? Yeccch. I liked the silver ones better.
atsmile.gif

ad_100k_att_1.jpg

k

Sep 18, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #108 of 440
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To my knowledge at least one, ordered prior to the 20 that I requested, has shown up. But that's it based on the folks I know.

And no, still no big box on my desk and no response to the email I sent Arek on Monday. I remain cautiously hopeful but the level goes down a bit every day.

Yes, very sad.

And in his EMail to me, he said he'd SHIPPED 20 units. Not that he was planning to ship them or was getting ready to ship them. But that he'd SHIPPED 20 units.

k

Sep 18, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #109 of 440
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
in theory how much better is this than a balanced 4 dact like justins or the shallco over the dact?

We just don't know. Being a ladder attenuator it could theoretically be better and more steps is definitely a good thing...... but it depends on the quality of the switching mechanism, assembly, resistors used etc. All unknown quantities until somebody gets hold of a pile of them.

Sep 18, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #110 of 440
frown.gif

Sep 20, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #112 of 440
Maybe this will be the magic week when the package of 20 show up... I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If they don't show up soon I'm going to give up on them entirely, this much headache is pretty dissuading.

Sep 20, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #113 of 440
Maybe there is a legitimate reason PayPal is giving him the run around. I'm sure they don't want their name tainted with "loose" business practices. If I'm wrong, toss a few tomatoes at me.

Sep 20, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #116 of 440
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I e-mailed him re: purchasing a quad-balanced attenuator about a week ago and still have received no reply.

Nate,
Sorry to hear about your dilemma. I hope you receive them soon, and that Arek is not Mikhail's brother.

I hope all will be ok with these orders .. but - to me this deal looks too good to be true ...

.. and i hope i am wrong ...

Sep 20, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #117 of 440
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nate,
Sorry to hear about your dilemma. I hope you receive them soon, and that Arek is not Mikhail's brother.

I'm not sure how you could even consider a parallel to Mikhail at this point, since to my knowledge no money has been taken yet for the large order, and orders made outside of that were promptly refunded once the PayPal problem arose.

Sep 21, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #118 of 440
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My interest is not in what audible differences there might be, but rather the added adjustability that 48 steps would provide.

117522857.jpg

Sep 21, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #120 of 440
well as long as the sound is the same, I meant, I would love a better degree of control as well
frown.gif
these looks so awesome I hope it ends up being a product and not a flop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back