How is everyone connecting their Computer to their DAC?
Jan 11, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #2 of 48
I use USB 2.0.
Foobar2000 --->PC--->USB--->Grace Design m903 Amp/DAC ---> Denon AH-D2000 or JH Audio 10 x3 Pro IEM.

I have read that some of the "murk" from USB listening can be removed using SPDIF, but it really depends on how the DAC interprets the signal.  There are going to be DAC units that sound better using USB vs SPDIF.

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #9 of 48
Desktop or laptop via USB then USB32 chip directly to DAC chip.

Works the same way SPDIF, but less steps.

Jan 12, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #10 of 48
Hi,

I go over USB, but in the USB line I have a box called iUSB, I have been told it is a power supply. 

So:

Laptop -> USB -> iUSB Box -> USB -> DAC

When I asked about USB vs SPDIF I was told that SPDIF is really bad. This makes sense to me as when I was buying a serious HiFi in the 90's I ended up with a Naim CDS, two boxes, but not separate Transport and DAC as was the fashion then. In some ways the iUSB and Dac is similar, one Power box and one for all the processing and audio.

Jan 13, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #13 of 48
Upcoming:

C.A.P.S.

([size=larger]SOtM tX-USB Audiophile PCI to USB Audio Card)[size=larger]  -->  ([/size][size=larger]SOtM dX-USB-HD Audiophile Asynchronous USB Interface for 24/192 Playback)[/size][size=larger]  -- > (AES / EBU)  PWD2 / M51[/size][/size]

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #14 of 48
PC -> short USB extension cable (anti-USB-port-stress) -> Hiface Two -> Coax cable -> NFB-17.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back