How is Audioquest for IC?
Mar 12, 2004 at 3:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Abula

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I have use always AR IC in HT, now that im in HP, im looking for something a little better. I just bought CD3000 and a Perraux SXH1, and I was looking at

AudioQuest Copperhead Interconnect

Do you think is worth the $$$, or do you think I should buy AR IC?

Thanks,
Pablo

Mar 13, 2004 at 3:43 PM Post #5 of 13
I think Outlaw PCA's would be better than the Audioquest Copperhead.

I think around the Viper or Python Audioquest starts to pick up.

AudioTruth Lapis X3's are THE Best cable I've used so far. But they're hard to find and expensive.

Mitch

Mar 13, 2004 at 5:24 PM Post #6 of 13
I just picked up a balanced set of AudioQuest Sky ICs. I like them a lot. Compared to the Cardas Neutral Refs they replaced, they seem to go deeper, and tighter, with a blacker background.

FWIW

Mar 13, 2004 at 11:17 PM Post #7 of 13
I have Audioquest Coral and Viper.
I can say that the Coral was much better than my Nordost Solar Wind. I didn't bother to compare the Solar Wind with Viper.
I don't have any thing else other than Monster to compare them to. They are brighter and way more detailed than the Monster and not as bright with way better detail than the Solar Wind.
I don't know about the Copperhead line. I wouldn't expect too much for that price point from Audioquest.
I should mention that I don't have a very high end system. Onkyo HT receiver and Infinity Entra series speakers. I am running the Coral from the Arcam CD23T to a PPA amp. I like it well.

Mar 14, 2004 at 3:22 PM Post #9 of 13
Thanks to all who posted,

It seems that I made a bad choice, but thats life.

Thanks again for you opinion,
Pablo

Mar 14, 2004 at 3:38 PM Post #10 of 13
A friend of mine at work who has a very high end home theater system uses your cables for some of the connections and he is quite pleased. I think a great deal depends on what components you are connecting and their characteristics. No matter what you buy in audio it seems as though there will always be someone that does not like it and some that do. In the end all that matters is how your system sounds to you.

Mar 15, 2004 at 1:03 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Pablo Abularach
Thanks to all who posted,

It seems that I made a bad choice, but thats life.

Thanks again for you opinion,
Pablo

For what it's worth,

I bought Copperheads for use in my system. I have two pairs: one from my source to my SXH1, and another from the output on the SXH1 to my receiver. I haven't heard really expensive ones, but i'm a fan of them in my rig. YMMV.

Mar 15, 2004 at 1:11 AM Post #12 of 13
I don't think you made a bad decision. I don't know why Audioquest keeps on changing their model line up. I would say at least the Copperheads should be equivalent to their older turquiose line. I think Ruby's are the next model up.
Audio Advisor usually has sales on their discontinued lines
The Hi fi store I go to always recommend their auidoquest to me as their mid price range cables and MIT terminator line up to compete with Monster lower priced range.

Mar 16, 2004 at 11:13 PM Post #13 of 13
The first cables I ever bought were AQ Copperheads. Unfortunately, the solder joints in the connectors broke after about six months of use, and have continued to break despite re-soldering.

Overall, in my opinion for that price range you're better off with some Risch-type Belden 89259 cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back