How iRiver SlimX goes with Koss PortaPro?
Jul 11, 2002 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Faelix

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'd like to know from some people what they think of the combination iRiver SlimX and the Koss PortaPro. I want them very much, and I intend to purchase them until the end of this year.

I'd also appreciate any suggestions, specially about alternative headphones to go with the SlimX.

Thank you,
Faelix.

Jul 11, 2002 at 12:57 PM Post #2 of 7
I've used that combination before, though now I used mostly closed phones. It's been a while since I listened to that combination, but I remember thinking it was quite good.

Jul 15, 2002 at 2:00 AM Post #4 of 7
Thanks for suggestions
wink.gif
, although I'd appreciate other opinions. The Koss PortaPro is the easiest to get in the place where I live. Any other model would be harder to order, so I'm interested to know if it is a good choice or no.

Jul 15, 2002 at 3:28 AM Post #5 of 7
I think the SlimX would sound great with the Porta Pros. I have the Porta Pros and auditioned the SlimX (mostly with ER4ps, but also wtih the Porta Pros). The hiss that people, including myself, have complained about is greatly reduced by the Porta Pros. Also, with the cutomizable EQ on the SlimX, you can taylor the sound to your liking. People have complained about the Porta Pros as being too bass heavy, but you can easily correct that if you choose to.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy them. The SlimX overall sounds really good, and you can't beat the features/ navigation/ customization of the player. Porta Pros would bring out the best parts, while leaving a lot of the hiss behind.

Jul 15, 2002 at 3:42 AM Post #6 of 7
I use my slimx with Koss KSC35s which share the drivers of the portapros. I set the EQ to flat and use a portable amp out of the line out. I like the combination, although I miss my Grado SR60s.
Hope that helps.
md

Jul 21, 2002 at 5:25 PM Post #7 of 7
Thanks a lot for the answers! I've just bought a Koss PortaPro, and, although I still don't have a Slimx, the phone sounds wonderfully on my Philips discman, that has low sound output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back