How important are aesthetics?
Jul 28, 2015 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AkashDesign

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

Do you guys/girls value aesthetics when picking earbuds/IEMs/headphones. Post a picture/link of what you think are the most beautiful earbuds/IEMs/headphones!

Jul 28, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #3 of 5
Yes, but it comes last. 

Price >> Sound >> Fit >> Prettiness

In other words, CIEMs are the best.. throw whatever picture you want on it homie. Cheers.

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #4 of 5
Aesthetics are more important than people say, the crux of the matter really is what people deem to be aesthetically pleasing. A headphone in the colors of the Lakers that reminds me (and probably many other Asians) of rice cakes is attractive for Kobe Bryant as much as someone who looks like the number "8" is attractive to Kanye. In a similar fashion a relatively dull Sennheiser HD580(J) or HD650 is classy just as much as a relatively "shapeless" and possibly close to dehydrated Victoria's Secret model to a completely different kind of person.

Put it another way, think of two people with the same kind of money, but one of them drives a gold-plated Lamborghini while the other had his painted in matte black.

Jul 29, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #5 of 5
Honestly don't care how "At-Home" Headphones look, though I don't want to wear something that looks like if Frankenstein and Lil Wayne's wardrobe had a baby - in public.

As long as it's not excessively flashy, is comfortable, and has a great sound; I'm all in.

Though of course, it's probably one of my least worries as I rock my Momentum M2's to school (which I think are a tad flashy), though I would prefer if the silver metal was black to give it a complete stealthy look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back