How have you spread audiophilia lately?
Oct 25, 2006 at 3:43 PM Post #16 of 21
i sold my old ety er6 to a co-worker this week. now i've got him looking at amps.
cool.gif

Oct 25, 2006 at 4:28 PM Post #17 of 21
havent managed to convert any friends, sadly, they are all still using the stock white earbuds..

have only one success story so far, and it was my dad. managed to get him to dump his EX51 for a pair of etymotic ER6, and he has gotten rid of his sony home theater in a box and is now looking at purchasing a surround system from either Mission cubes, KEF, Infinity, Wharfedale or B&W.

Oct 25, 2006 at 8:39 PM Post #18 of 21
I got a co-worker to plunk down for the E4c. He thought $200 was crazy to spend on a headphone but someone had told him about the E4c so that's all he wanted. Directed him to HeadRoom, I wonder if he'll go back for more.
wink.gif

Oct 25, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #19 of 21
about a year ago, a music-loving friend of mine said told me he was about to head out to the Bang & Olufsen shop on Madison to replace his aging Bose 301 speakers.

i said "whoa, there buddy, why don't you check out the hifi shop a few blocks away first."

he left with a pair of Paradigm Studio 60s and a Parasound amp. went back a few months later to pick up a Denon turntable and universal player and a Parasound phono stage.

Oct 25, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #20 of 21
Gave my mom a pair of HD650's, a Porta Corda Mk II, and a vintage PCDP for her birthday. I think that qualifies as spreading audiophilia, though it was a long time coming. Gave my dad an A900 with a Total Bithead as well.

Been giving friends in need of audio gear other headphone donations too.

Oct 25, 2006 at 10:36 PM Post #21 of 21
Two of the few I've converted are my older brother and my dad. They both really liked my Shures, so I got my brother a pair of UE sf3. My dad wanted an IEM as well so we ordered both from earphonesolution.com. Then my brother's cracked and we sent it off (they should be in any day now) and he borrowed my dad's. Eventually my dad got irritated with the UE fit so he went out and bought his own set of E2s. Now I'm working on my little brother and my other friend. My little brother doesn't even use the MP3 player I got him (I'm trying to get him to buy some E4s or E500s :p) and my other friend is iBuds only. I may have to send her my E2s. =(

All in the name of audiophilia!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back