How has this forum effected your wallet/purchases?
Apr 16, 2012 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Bee inthe Attic

500+ Head-Fier
This is getting a bit out of control (...but I love it!).

I skipped on going out for dinner with friends this past weekend, justifying the ~$60 meal price tag as half a purchase of a new Little Dot amp that I have my eye on.

In the grocery store, I neglected to purchase half of the items on my shopping list, as that could get me a nice set of IEM's, or a 1/4 of the price of DT 990 Pro's I've had my eye on.

Does anyone else see the cost of food (or other necessary items) in terms of audio gear that could be purchased?? Oh boy.

Apr 16, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #2 of 6
Well, buying generic always helps. Now I'm just resisting selling some of my silver that I've invested in. I'll probably hold on to it for a while, maybe turn a larger profit
rolleyes.gif

Apr 16, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #3 of 6
Wallet - Ngatively.......VERY negatively:p

Purchases - Positively.......VERY positively:D

This website has been a big factor in my newest obsession (headphones). I have purchased several cheap sub-$100 pairs of headphones after recommendations on here and haven't been disappointed with any of them. I also love my Audio Technica M50 and I am probably about to pull the trigger on 2 pairs of V-Moda Crossfade M80s for my wife and I.

Apr 16, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #4 of 6
I bought my freaking T5ps because of Head-Fi... I also ordered the Fiio e17, Asus Xonar U3 and bought the P5s when I first started here. I'm also a student and don't have that much money so I'd say my wallet got shot after entering Head-Fi. Though, I'm very pleased with the quality of equipment I have purchased through my short journey here. (I bought my first pair, the xb500 back in 2010 and now in 2012 I have the Beyer T5p).

I often don't go to restaurants anymore (unless someone else pays XP) and I don't go out with friends that often just to save up money for that next piece of equipment. I also do odd-jobs for people online, get paid via paypal then buy stuff like that.

Apr 16, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #5 of 6
No. I've got other hobbies next to listening to music. Although I'll purchase a HD 800 the next few days or weeks it doesn't afflict my normal way of life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back