How has the economy and high gas price affected you?
Jun 28, 2008 at 4:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

RYCeT

Headphoneus Supremus
I don't really worry about the economy, in fact, I have a good time buying stocks right now. However, the gas cost surely hurt my expense. It affects my toys budget, eaten up to subsidize my gas expense, fortunately I got a civic and average 29mpg. The increase in airfare cost also made me reconsider several of my vacation trips. I find myself stays at home more during weekend, spending less on toys/cd's. So guys, how's the economy and high gas price affected you?

Jun 28, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #2 of 24
The economy have affected me in a positive way.
Norway is running stronger than ever. Mainly because of the high oil price, bringing lots of money into our system. Which in return leads to higher salaries (and prices of course).
Overall I have better economy this year than last year, and the years before as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Gas (petrol) prices are insane at ~NOK 13.50 a liter (or ~$10 a gallon). But I still drive the same (4000km the last two months), since I can afford it.

Jun 28, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #3 of 24
I have started carpooling to work. I have also used this as an excuse to sell the audio gear that has just been sitting around and not getting any use.

Jun 28, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #4 of 24
I spend more on gas but recently got a raise the offsets it, so really same as it was for me. If anything the higher prices are great because its making people change things that otherwise they would not.

Jun 28, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #8 of 24
Two fold. There are more gamblers.

Adversely, I've decided riding in the rain (motorcycle) is worth saving the coin used for gas in car. Which is both a plus and minus.

In Vegas, I'm taking public transport (the bus) instead of renting a car....

Jun 28, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #10 of 24
quite alot

i was saving for a nice newish sports car, which my parents were gonna loan me the money for, and i would pay about half my wages vack each month, allowing me to live quite happily with a few treats each month , now i dont think they can afford to so, no more headphones etc, without selling one first, so alot of my recent posts are out the window, not going on a holiday abroad in the forseeable future, and also gotta prioitise my spending cause i am gonna have to buy the car myself

just in the last 48hrs this has happened

Jun 28, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #11 of 24
ive been contemplating buying a crotch rocket to get around at college, much cheaper than a car and no need to insure a $1000 used ninja 250R that gets 65 mph, heh.

its still a thought.

also - ive started putting regular gas in my 3 series, poor things runnin on 82 octane..
frown.gif

i cant justify paying 4.60 per gallon vs 420 per gallon when i dont speed anymore neway. heh.

also - i like the price increase, its made people in america actually think about economical cars rather than hummers and f350's.

(i have nothing against trucks if you use the truck for what they're made to do - tow and carry heavy crap, if you buy a f350 and never pull more than 1,000 pounds you should kill yourself right now before i kill you first!)

anywoot, i still get 30 mpg in my 325, i get 25 when i whip around in it and 35 when i milk every mile with a lotta neutral work (standards ftw!)

its changed how i drive, but there have been a lot less accidents and stuff around my town too cause ppl drive slower.

so i guess its not all bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back