How hard is You q-JAYS cable?
Feb 27, 2008 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

earfanatic

100+ Head-Fier
I started this thread because I think my q-Jays cable is a bit strange.

The q-JAYS is about 3 month old. Mostly I wear it around my ear, and the cable's got quite harder than it was, it looks like this now:

jaycable.png

(it's got the shape I wear it!)

Once I found funny other companies use memory wire.... but should it be this hard?
The cable is so "unflexible" if I press it from the position the photo shows, it goes back to that pose!
eek.gif
The feel is like the 4 year old Sennheiser mx300's cable I have on the shelf. But this is only 3 months old.

So what's wrong?

Feb 28, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #2 of 8
Sounds like the oils from your skin are breaking into the cable material. Watch out, they may crack. Do you clean your cables after each usage?

Feb 28, 2008 at 5:39 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like the oils from your skin are breaking into the cable material. Watch out, they may crack. Do you clean your cables after each usage?

LMAO are you supposed to clean your cables?? with what would you clena them with?

Feb 28, 2008 at 6:17 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can use isopropyl alcohol or just wipe with warm damp towel, that's what I do.

Never hurts to clean cables

I cleaned the earphones when they were dirty, but I didn't feel dirty and haven't thought of the cables anyway!
Earphone cables must be sweat proof I think.
Isn't there any plastic or rubber care fluid that can help this?

I really don't want them to break!
eek.gif

Feb 28, 2008 at 6:27 PM Post #6 of 8
i am thinking about getting the q-jays. reading about your strange cables makes me hesitat!
i feel when i pay $180 for an iem i can expect cables that are comfortable and sweat resistent!

i wonder if you just had bad luck with your pair...

i hope you can get a replacement from jays.

Feb 28, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by sayrum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
reading about your strange cables makes me hesitat!

I thought soneone would. But You shouldn't. Nobody told that the others make tough cables. I only didn't expect it especially after 3 months usage.

I Would buy it again though. Need to find out how to avoid this situation.

It is fully usable like this but I dont know what will happen later. I'll ask PetCed.

Feb 28, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by sayrum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i am thinking about getting the q-jays. reading about your strange cables makes me hesitat!
i feel when i pay $180 for an iem i can expect cables that are comfortable and sweat resistent!

i wonder if you just had bad luck with your pair...

i hope you can get a replacement from jays.

Jays support is superior as it always was! PetCed's already answered.
He heard 2-3 examples of this issue only, and they will help if it causes further problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back