How great are the SR60s?
Jan 9, 2008 at 6:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

BeNME

Head-Fier
I had about $80 to spend on whatever I wanted as a Christmas Present, so I had my mom order me the SR60s. I'm desperately awaiting their arrival in the next few days.

I listen to a lot of rock, of all kinds. Classic rock, alt rock, hard rock, heavy metal, indie, post rock, etc. I also listen to some techno, hip hop, and rap.

So how great are the SR60s for me?

Jan 9, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #3 of 21
So great, lol. They are nice, but dangerous. Youll be thrown into a hobby thats pretty hard to get out of (not that youll want to).

Jan 9, 2008 at 2:44 PM Post #6 of 21
The SR-60 introduced me to this hobby. It's a terrific headphone and i'm sure you'll be pleased once it fits your favorites genres perfectly. Make sure you post your feedback on the SR-60 here once you try it ...

Jan 9, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #7 of 21
They are awesome phones for your musical taste. No phone handles guitar solos better than Grados
smily_headphones1.gif

What's more awesome is that you can drive them with that Zen Vision of yours.

Jan 9, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #9 of 21
Electric guitar=Grados.Nuff' said
wink.gif
For a rock-fan-on-a-tight-budget you really can't do better than SR60.
MS1 will offer a slightly more refined sound for a little more $$

Jan 9, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #11 of 21
Seeing that you have the HD595's with you, I don't think you will be blown away by them. They are a good entry point into hi fi headphones, but your move seems more backwards to me IMHO.

Sorry if I burst your bubble, this is based on my own experience.

But if you end up liking them, well then good for you!

Jan 9, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seeing that you have the HD595's with you, I don't think you will be blown away by them. They are a good entry point into hi fi headphones, but your move seems more backwards to me IMHO.

Sorry if I burst your bubble, this is based on my own experience.

But if you end up liking them, well then good for you!

This is the important point. I was blown away by my SR60s, but I was coming from stock iPod earbuds, and Koss Plugs, so they were my first "real" headphone. I think a lot of the raves for the 60s come from the fact that, for many, the 60s are a first "real" can. But you already have a pretty good "real" headphone in the 595s, so your expectations will probably be different from a lot of folks who try the 60s for the first time.

That being said, this may be a good way to introduce you to the Grado sound, so you can decide if you want to move up the Grado $ ladder.

Jan 9, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #14 of 21
In terms of sq they were better than my ksc75, but in terms of comfort they were the worst headphone I've ever owned. They arent bad but it might take a while for you to get use to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back