How good is this cMoy?
Aug 29, 2005 at 4:09 PM Post #6 of 16
I think I might just get a go-vibe V3
biggrin.gif

Aug 30, 2005 at 3:43 AM Post #10 of 16
Well, I just won another auction for the same cmoy. I bid too much on it and went to 52$, I didn't think I'd win! Oops. I will hook this amp to my 595's went it arrives and give you a full detail on the sound quality. The amp having the ability to plug into the wall is a definite plus.

I really hope this amp does something for me, I had a super dual that I didn't really notice a difference between using and excluding it from the loop. I sold it for this reason and the volume control (not a fan of a 'switch').

Aug 30, 2005 at 4:29 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by afobisme
http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc000067nj.jpg

there's mine.. kinda looks cheaply made and nothing to hold the 9v battery (it gets a bit loose).

btw, how much better are the mints?

The MINTs have output buffers, which increase the current it could put out, and also get rid of thermal feedback.

Aug 30, 2005 at 4:41 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinbios
The MINTs have output buffers, which increase the current it could put out, and also get rid of thermal feedback.

And how does that make it sound better?

I have a MINT and a Headsave Classic. The Classic is also designed by Norm who's designed the go-vibe. And doesn't have any buffers either (at least not like the one in the MINT.) but it sounds a lot better anyway. With Grados non the less.
Wish I could have a listen to the go-vibe and see what sounds better a MINT or a go-vibe...

Aug 30, 2005 at 8:06 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
And how does that make it sound better?

I have a MINT and a Headsave Classic. The Classic is also designed by Norm who's designed the go-vibe. And doesn't have any buffers either (at least not like the one in the MINT.) but it sounds a lot better anyway. With Grados non the less.
Wish I could have a listen to the go-vibe and see what sounds better a MINT or a go-vibe...

The OPA627's could put out 45mA per channel, while the buffers raise that to 250mA. 45mA may not be able to drive low efficiency headphones as well. Reducing thermal feedback would reduce distortion, I think.

Aug 30, 2005 at 3:17 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinbios
The OPA627's could put out 45mA per channel, while the buffers raise that to 250mA. 45mA may not be able to drive low efficiency headphones as well. Reducing thermal feedback would reduce distortion, I think.

Thanks for the explanation. I have had no trouble with any headphones I've tried with either of my amps but then again, I'm a low volume listener so I haven't tried to push the amps to their limits, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back