How good is the Digital out of the Xonar STX?
Mar 5, 2009 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DSlayerZX

500+ Head-Fier
Hello,
I am currently in the process of upgrading my computer, and I have purchased a P6t Deluxe
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
and I have encountered an unexpected problem during my building process....
most of the newer Graphic card with after market cooler will take up at least three PCI slots, and if you look at the board layout..... that leaves no space for my Juli@
frown.gif

what I am asking is, how good, exactly, is the digital out of the Xonar STX, I understand that its a new card and most of the people who purchased it did not use it for digital out purpose. so the chance of someone already tested this against other cards is very slim
I am currently building my computer in the plan of having a DAC in the future and I am not considering USB input because I really need the function of been able to listen to music without turning on my DAC and Amplifier from at random times

Mar 6, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #2 of 2
Perhaps I'm in the wrong here... but from what I understand, since digital is just ones and zeroes, it's either all or nothing and quality doesn't really vary like it does with analog outputs. I suppose 192KHz vs 96KHz or whatever will make a difference, but I'm pretty sure the STX does 192.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back