How good is the DAC in "MOVE"??
Jul 23, 2007 at 7:48 AM Post #31 of 33
i've been a/b'ing my modded dac-ah>move against my corda move (dac>amp), and there is a noticeable (but not incredibly significant) loss in detail. things like echoes in my music are less noticeable on the move. the bass on the move is a little looser than on the dac-ah. treble is more "sparkly" and harsh on the move... which i'm not too crazy about. maybe others might like it.

overall, despite the cons of the move's dac, i'm actually alright with parting with my dac-ah for a cheaper, smaller setup. hey, it's not perfect, but when money and space is an issue, the loss in detail and smoothness is only a small hit that i'm more than willing to take.

Jul 23, 2007 at 9:05 AM Post #32 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by rumatt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's also the new portable Micro Amp/Dac combo. I'm guessing the dac is a significant improvement over the one in the Move. Then again, it had better be given that it's costs $400 more than the Move.

I saw the HeadRoom Portable Micro Amp, it looks very nice, but $600 with the DAC is way out of my budget right now.

Jan 11, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #33 of 33
Mmh - the homepage of the HIPPOhifi Bloat says that it uses a PCM2707 as the USB interface. The TI spec says that it's only capable of max 16/48 (like most USB audio interfaces). What sense would a DAC with better specs make in that case when it cannot be fed with a higher resolution signal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back