How good is the Cowon J3's UI?
Nov 27, 2010 at 5:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Polygraphic

New Head-Fier
I'm in the market for a new PMP and have been looking at the Cowon J3, but I'm concerned about the UI. I haven't really seen it in action, but I've heard that Cowon has a thing for complex UI's. So I'm wondering, what is the J3's UI like?

Also, how much better is the J3's sound quality compared to the Zune HD?

Nov 27, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #2 of 7
If you don't like the stock UI there are lots of fantastic user created UI's available over at iaudiophile.net. Once you upload those trust me you wont have any issue whatsoever. If you mean in terms of the actual layout... well it only takes a couple of hours of messing around with it to get the hang of it so really that should be a non issue!

Nov 27, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #3 of 7
A Google usually helps:

Pt. 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FgedpR_2AU&feature=related

Pt. 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BcYHRq6ZM8

Nov 28, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #4 of 7
it's by no means as intuitive as apple but I actually got used to it quicker than I thought. Although I only use my j3 for music only. Everything else including videos I use my iphone 4.

The thing with custom UI is that 99% of them are made for s9 which means that they don't work 100% with j3. There are different launchers you can install to make certain themes compatible with the j3 but I have yet to come across one theme that works perfect with the j3. There's always a problem like external buttons not functioning properly or Korean characters not showing up. So I just stick with the default skin.

Nov 28, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #5 of 7
There is alot of depth to the UI/features, especially in the music and video players. It takes awhile, and a good look at the user manual to get used to it.  It is worth taking the time though, as those features are the main reason I consider the J3 the best media player of 2010.   My review, part one. Enjoy.

Nov 28, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #6 of 7
I found the UI pretty intuitive but then again all I use is the music folder and the settings if I ever need to change anything.

Nov 28, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
There is alot of depth to the UI/features, especially in the music and video players. It takes awhile, and a good look at the user manual to get used to it.  It is worth taking the time though, as those features are the main reason I consider the J3 the best media player of 2010.   My review, part one. Enjoy.

hey , will you ever make a part two for the samsung m1 ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back