How good are sony's MDR-EX71
Apr 1, 2004 at 4:45 PM Post #16 of 20
hated ex70 and ex71's sound, extremely muddy and almost no detail..
hated them and still do

Apr 1, 2004 at 7:51 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by TonyTripleA
I think you should consider that the etymotic 4P are three times the price...

confused.gif

I think you should check your math.

dyolf,
If you like the EX71 style, you might want to search the forum for md33, md33s, & hp-md33s. I ordered a pair a couple days ago for ~$44.

Apr 1, 2004 at 10:23 PM Post #19 of 20
I've learned so much from these boards over the past few weeks since I got a DAP, so I'll try to give a little back.

I had a pair of Sennheiser PX100s that I really liked. But for gym use I wanted something that didn't have pads that would get all sweaty, and that had some isolation capacity to block out the muzak they play. So I bought a pair of the Sony EX71s from amazon.com for about US$32. To me, they suffered immeasurably from comparison with the PX100s. The sound was not up to par for me - big sloppy bass, not much midrange and kind of a screechy treble to my admittedly non-audiophile ears. The cord was highly microphonic - every small touch resulted in a boom in my ears. I had to wrap the cord over my ears and thread it behind my back under my shirt to get an acceptable result. Finally, the cord is very short, with a connection plug to a longer extension. Combine the weight of this connection plug with a much shorter cord to the left ear than the right, and normal gym activity made the left bud constantly work out of my ear. I returned these within a week, and I've ordered a pair of Shure e2's from an e-Bay merchant for about $80 including shipping - hope I like those better.

Apr 1, 2004 at 11:11 PM Post #20 of 20
The sony style cord is just rediculous... could you imagine a girl walking around with lopsided boobs? Just doesn't work that way.

Some people should stop comparing $30 phones to $200 ones...

Obviously, my $2 prepackaged phones can't compare to $200 Ety 4Ps... hmmmm... ever wonder why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back