How Good are shure E2s for the price?
Nov 21, 2005 at 8:33 PM Post #16 of 25
Think the er6i are a better deal. Bass difference is small and treble detail in er6i's much more then e2s.

Nov 21, 2005 at 10:08 PM Post #17 of 25
I like mine. I listen to a meditation mp3 every night when I go to sleep and I think they are comfortable to sleep in. I typically remove em by morning but not all the time. I listen to music through em when I travel and on my bike; more than adequate. I do listen to something else when I sit down to seriously listen but in my world the E2's are a fine phone.

see if you can find the E2's in the picture.

Nov 21, 2005 at 11:46 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by birryboy
It feels like there is a fair bit of hate for the e2cs on this forum, but in my experience they are a very decent earphone for the price; pretty good detail, bass is fairly balanced.

That applies for EVERY IEM. I have not heard of an IEM yet that has not had somebody detail their experience on how horrible the earphones sounded. After learning this, I just bought the e2c because of price, and now I can say I am satisfied.

NOTE: The tips have greatly varying tone signatures. The black soft flex tips produce soft bass with higher mids and highs. It has an accented high-mid frequency range as well.
The clear flex tips, however, produce a much more bassier tone. More treble-oriented songs sound shrill and fatiguing with the black soft flex tips. For those, I like to use the clear flex tips so I get a nice high-frequency roll of that soothes the ears. The black tips I would then use when I need more of the higher frequencies.

Nov 22, 2005 at 12:22 AM Post #20 of 25
They are worth it IMO, though I did have a gift card at the store where I bought it.
tongue.gif
A big improvment from my 71's

Nov 22, 2005 at 8:35 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by loopsider
NOTE: The tips have greatly varying tone signatures. The black soft flex tips produce soft bass with higher mids and highs. It has an accented high-mid frequency range as well.
The clear flex tips, however, produce a much more bassier tone. More treble-oriented songs sound shrill and fatiguing with the black soft flex tips. For those, I like to use the clear flex tips so I get a nice high-frequency roll of that soothes the ears. The black tips I would then use when I need more of the higher frequencies.

Thanks for the heads-up loopsider; I had such issues with the comfort of the clear flex tips that I haven't really done a proper comparison. Now that my ears have got used to the e2cs a bit, I'll see if the clear tips can be tolerated any better. Got a Sony NW-HD5 for a birthday gift in October and am loving the sound that puts out through the Shures!

Nov 23, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by birryboy
Thanks for the heads-up loopsider; I had such issues with the comfort of the clear flex tips that I haven't really done a proper comparison. Now that my ears have got used to the e2cs a bit, I'll see if the clear tips can be tolerated any better. Got a Sony NW-HD5 for a birthday gift in October and am loving the sound that puts out through the Shures!

I had the same problem. I had wait to get well used to the smallest black soft flex sleeves (which still hurt) until I was able to recently try the clear flex sleeves. Bass heaven
biggrin.gif

Nov 23, 2005 at 7:21 PM Post #23 of 25
I use my e2c's with my foamies and they work well and sound damn good for the price ($65 at buy.com). For the folks who think the bass is overpowering or the treble is rolled off, that's your source talking. I definitely believe in matching gear up appropriately (ie. synergy).

Shure e2c's + rio karma=heaven
Shure e2c's + iriver H140 rockbox=damn close to heaven

The H140's iriver firmware stinks in terms of sound quality, once i installed rockbox it was like a thick blanket was removed and i could actually hear what the device is capable of.

Nov 23, 2005 at 8:36 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin
Send them to Shure, they will exchange them under warranty. Shure has a great service reputation

I plan on upgrading to the Shure e4's sometime before my birthday (late january), and I still have class until late december, so I'm going to stick with what I have for now, as I can't wait for another pair to come, I use mine dialy. It seems it only sometimes has this problem, yesterday is worked fine (it might have been a little messed up, but they worked pretty good), so I'm not exactly sure what to think, I will probably send them in after I get my new IEM's and then sell/give them to a family member.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back