How far would you push your love of 'phones?
Jul 30, 2001 at 6:06 PM Post #17 of 28
Sackley - you're not alone......
rolleyes.gif

Jul 30, 2001 at 6:26 PM Post #18 of 28
Oooooooooh... Sad Eh? lol

C'mon... its light hearted, and in the general discussion area... its not like its harming anyone... and remember what I said at the top of the thread...

Quote:

Just for the sake of humour... I've added a poll... just to see how everyone feels about this somewhat controversial subject!!

Chill! its summertime!
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2001 at 6:35 PM Post #20 of 28
ophir - LMAO.....

Duncan: I think it COULD have been said....but surprisingly there only a few chaps like ophir here, lol.
wink.gif

Jul 30, 2001 at 8:27 PM Post #22 of 28
I haven't quite tested the envelope of 'phones vs. woman. I think that a trip to Headroom or Overture Audio in Ann Arbor, swipe of the credit card a couple times with some hefty sums should push that envelope.

Jul 30, 2001 at 11:34 PM Post #23 of 28
I guess its just down to which is the worst of the two evils...

on the one hand, you have girlfriend : She'll drain your bank account, but put a smile on your face...

and... on the other hand, Headphones : They'll drain your bank account, but put a smile on your face...

Just a matter of which kind of smile you'd rather have!!
redface.gif
eek.gif
redface.gif

Jul 31, 2001 at 7:39 AM Post #25 of 28
And how nice you'd look too!! ROFL

You'd just have to hope your girlfriend didn't come home too early... imagine the look of horror that you were wearing HER white EX70LPs
wink.gif

(I still wanna know where to get a white pair from... I'm holding off of buying a new pair since i butchered my last (still working, but looking ill) pair)

Jul 31, 2001 at 1:18 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

sapphiremodena said...

I'd be a closet audiophile, and when my girlfriend's out of the house I'd dress up in Grados, Senn's, Ety's, and a nice pair of white ex70sl's.

All at the same time? I'm afraid to ask, but where do they all fit?
redface.gif
wink.gif

Jul 31, 2001 at 9:14 PM Post #27 of 28
I am very lucky to have a girlfriend that is into music. One of her favorite moments from our vacation last week was a session of drop-the-needle (sic -- they were CD's, but you get the idea), she said.

The only problem with headphones is that they can be uncomfortable on your partner's thighs...

Jul 31, 2001 at 10:29 PM Post #28 of 28
I think my gf would look very funny wearing my HD600s, they're big on my head, and she's a lot smaller than I am. She usually just laughs at me every time I tell her I bought something. Especially since lately they've all been from overseas and there have been long, fun-filled stories involved with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back