How far back do I have to go before it's worth buying a CD?
Apr 6, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #16 of 20
One thing I feel the need to say though is this...Don't stop yourself from buying a CD you want because of the master. Just get the best available.

I have only found one CD out of the 800 or so I've bought that I find unlistenable. Only one I've ever returned. It was the 06 master of Journey's Infinity (had tons of low level distortion).

tl;dr - Just buy the resonably priced CD and enjoy it.

Apr 11, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #18 of 20
That could just be because you listen to genres of music that contains albums that are usually well recorded and mastered though . . . what kind of music you listen to?

Classic Rock and Funk/Soul. Hardly any Classical or Jazz. Electronic is in there too but that's somewhat irrelevant.

Apr 11, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #19 of 20
Yeah most of that stuff is recorded and mastered well . . . I like some genre's that contain songs that are produced well but I also like a lot of genre's that for the most part are definitely NOT.

Apr 11, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #20 of 20
Yeah most of that stuff is recorded and mastered well . . . I like some genre's that contain songs that are produced well but I also like a lot of genre's that for the most part are definitely NOT.

Classic rock is probably one of the worst genres for it actually because of all the different masters out there. There's usually 4 to 6 masters of something out there and only maybe 2 are worth getting.

Granted at least there are good masters somewhere though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back