How easy is it to damage my headphones?
Apr 26, 2010 at 8:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

stratowhammy

Head-Fier
So I just plugged my FiiO e5 into the line out on my iPod dock and the sound was a LOT LOUDER than I had expected, and once I turned down the sound I can't tell, but it feels like my headphones don't sound as good?? The sound was loud pretty loud, but probably only 3 - 5 seconds. It also seems like the sound leans more towards the left channel. I have Shure SRH 850s. Am I crazy? Could I have damaged my headphones that easily and with that short a burst of sound? I feel like the sound is slightly more distorted than it had been before. What are the things I should listen for if I did damage my cans, would it be totally clear or would it be subtle?

Apr 26, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #2 of 6
PSYCHOLOGICAL EFFECT
biggrin.gif

SRH850?

Apr 26, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #3 of 6
I'd probably wait for a while before you listen to them again. If it clears up you should be fine. This happens to me from time to time but it does seem to be in my head. As long as it wasn't distorting I think you should be okay.

Apr 26, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #5 of 6
For fun I tried plugging in some Apple headphones to my Auditor and turned the volume all the way up. They produced some interesting distortions but still worked fine after maybe 5-10 minutes of torture.

Apr 27, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #6 of 6
Yeah, I think it was psychological. Its good to hear many people say the same thing, it gives me some relief that several people out there have done this and their cans were on a whole fine. I listened to them later, and they sound fine (I gave it the time, like was recommended). Thanks for the moral support!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back