How does your Gladiator Soundtrack Sound Like???
Jul 15, 2002 at 4:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Pepsione1

1000+ Head-Fier
I was listening to my Gladiator Soundtrack again today and just as before, I wasn't very impressed. If my memory serves me right, this cd had recieved raves of good review everywhere.

However, I don't find this cd to be very intriguing at all. I mean that in terms of sound quality.
frown.gif
I find that the soundstage & imaging is poor. Instruments aren't separated, instead they are layered and combined.

I don't mean to bash this cd at all. I was just wondering why I can't see the good things in this cd that others enjoy. I blame this partially to my equipment. I was listening to it with my MS1 & CHA-47. Has anyone experience this?

FYI: I like the music on the cd, but I think my headphones are making it sound terrible.
frown.gif

Jul 16, 2002 at 6:34 AM Post #2 of 5
Actually, my CD pops between tracks, like between the 15-16 and 16-17 transistion - have you noticed this, or is my source equipment letting me down?

Jul 18, 2002 at 11:36 PM Post #3 of 5
I've never been satisfied with orchestral music on any headphone since you just can't hope to get the imaging and sound staging like a speakers set up...to me the Gladiator sound track is really nicely recorded listening through my speakers but rather muddy and compressed listening through headphones including my K1000...since orchestral music is made up of a large number of members playing their instruments in close proximity to each other spread across a wide area you don't really get pin point imaging like say in a pop recording with a few members playing a few interments making it easy to separate them from each other...

HappymaN, the pops you are hearing between tracks such as 15-16, 16-17 must be your CD player since mine doesn't give even the slightest indication of a transition between the tracks...

Jul 19, 2002 at 12:00 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by squirt

HappymaN, the pops you are hearing between tracks such as 15-16, 16-17 must be your CD player since mine doesn't give even the slightest indication of a transition between the tracks...

That's not what I wanted to hear.
frown.gif

Jul 19, 2002 at 12:10 AM Post #5 of 5
Maybe you just have a bad disc, HappymaN? Have you tried it on any other cdps?

And I also think the Gladiator recording, while good, could be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back