how does your family make fun of you because of this hobby???:)
Aug 1, 2007 at 4:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

lutwey

1000+ Head-Fier
after recening two iems yesterday.................my sister sung usher's "confession" .............however she changed the lyrics to "this is my COLLECTION" and every one started laughing.
frown.gif
hysterically. anyway tell me ur story.

Aug 1, 2007 at 6:50 AM Post #4 of 24
They don't!
My family know that I have a very good headphone rig. They come around my place once or twice a year, and I have had no funny comments so far.

Aug 1, 2007 at 7:04 AM Post #5 of 24
Everytime they say "omg luk, dat luks liek nerd stuff," I use "my dad's doing what I'm doing with cars" excuse.

I get more "comments" from my schoolmates, actually. Wow why would you bring that around with you, your CD player looks old school!

Aug 1, 2007 at 7:17 AM Post #6 of 24
My family is cool about it... my parents and brother are all into music listening and hi-fi stereo. My mom plays folk guitar and my dad was in a drum/bugle core. My brother used to play drums. I come form a family that appreciates music.

Aug 1, 2007 at 10:07 AM Post #7 of 24
We all joke when I have a pay-day that Amazon, etc are really having the payday. (I put more money into music than my headphones, currently). My mom is musically inclined, so she sort of gets it. She thinks it is unnecessary, but sort of understands why I'm passionate about it. My dad doesn't really get it, accept that he is very technically oriented, i.e. he is a math major, and therefore is occasionally impressed when I am talking about what capacitors I want inside a future amp, or any other tech jargon I may spew out unwittingly.

Aug 3, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #10 of 24
My uncle recently told me that because I paid $100 for er6i's that they should come with subwoofers and tweeters in them, and then went on to say how awesome his bose quietcomforts were. Whatever.

Aug 3, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #12 of 24
They don't mind. They realize that it keeps me off the......

.......main system, so they can watch TV or movies or play station and not have to wait till my CD ends! They like it!
biggrin.gif

Aug 6, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #14 of 24
In my case, they do not try to make a fun out of my hobby.
my wife does not like my purchases on audio and headphones, but has a certain degree of respect about my DIY, and that's good.

Aug 6, 2007 at 6:42 AM Post #15 of 24
My brother says in a nerdy voice whenever I put him down into a place where he cant get out of: "(Nerdy voice)Sound quality, YEAH! Gotta get better cable for my 650s"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back