How does this sound?
Oct 13, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #2 of 9
It will sound great till you want to upgrade
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #5 of 9
+1

I used my MS-1s from my iA7 for many happy hours before I moved to Sony DAPs and upgraded my phones. Where Cowon let themselves down is with the woeful UI on the iA7, but if you can get past that I think you will find that you have a fantastic budget combination that plays FLAC natively : there are many here who would give an appendage for that much fun from so little money.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 13, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #6 of 9
I read PC world's review and they only gave the iaudio 7 a mediocre score, saying the sound quality was just average. They used the included earbuds, but is this also because they didn't adjust the EQ?

Oct 14, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by kumarjunior /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read PC world's review and they only gave the iaudio 7 a mediocre score, saying the sound quality was just average. They used the included earbuds, but is this also because they didn't adjust the EQ?

They didn't bother reviewing the product with anything other than the stock earbuds which really doesn't lend to their credibility about the i7's sound quality.

Oct 14, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #8 of 9
I used to have an ipod nano 8gb with the sr60i's but I sold them both to pay off some debt. The iPod sounded a little flat and not as warm as I would have liked, so this time around I'm looking for something better sounding. I've heard mostly praise for the i7's SQ and I've also looked at the sony NWZ-s736f.

Oct 14, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #9 of 9
I did use EQ with my iA7 - MachBass or whatever its called on the Cowon is particularly good - but its such a contentious area that I'll leave it there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back