How does this setup look?
Apr 28, 2006 at 10:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Rockofeller

Head-Fier
I want the best quality sound from my laptop. I am definitely building a tube amp. I haven't decided yet which headphones I'm going to choose.

Laptop->EchoIndigoDJ->Blue Jeans Cable IC->Zhaolu DAC with upgraded PCB and opamp->Blue Jeans Cable IC->S.E.X. Amp with Iron upgrade->AKG K701/Sennheiser HD650 with upgraded cable/Audio Technica ATH-W5000
cost not incl. headphones: ~1100-1200
or

Laptop->EchoIndigoDJ->Blue Jeans Cable IC->Zhaolu DAC with upgraded PCB and opamp->Blue Jeans Cable IC->Paramount SE 300B amps->AKG K1000
cost not incl. headphones: ~1500-1600

Is there a better soundcard for a laptop? My budget is quite high for the soundcard (few hundred, or more if I dont need the DAC). Does this setup look right? I've never used a DAC before so I don't even know if this is how you connect it to the soundcard.

May 1, 2006 at 9:26 AM Post #2 of 3
Ok, to simplify it, heres a more narrowed down setup idea:
Laptop (FLAC)->m-audio transit->good IC->zhaolu 2.0->good ic->SOHA DIY amp with mullard tubes->equinox cable->hd650 (for now an hd595)

does this sound like a good setup or am I mismatching parts here.

the ic's will proly be blue jeans cable or homemade.

May 1, 2006 at 2:07 PM Post #3 of 3
The Indigo has an analogue line out and a DAC inside. In your setup the Indigo will be the DAC work and your Zhaolu would be redundant. But your Transit set-up looks solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back