How does the ue11pro sound unamped?
Jan 7, 2009 at 3:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

RefreshMusic

Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm planning to get a set of the 11pro, while I don't wanna carry any amp with me, no matter how tiny it is, so can anybody tell me how they sound when connecting to the 2G ipod touch? Is there really a big difference between amped and unamped? Thanks.
Also trying to sell my ATH-W5000s here, anyone interested?

Jan 7, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #3 of 7
Well the ue-11 sound amazing unamped and even better amped.

Jan 7, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by RefreshMusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, I'm planning to get a set of the 11pro, while I don't wanna carry any amp with me, no matter how tiny it is, so can anybody tell me how they sound when connecting to the 2G ipod touch? Is there really a big difference between amped and unamped? Thanks.
Also trying to sell my ATH-W5000s here, anyone interested?

Can't give you any opinions on the UE11
but I think the quality boost of an amp is worth it the little extra weight, what would stop you from carrying something like as small as a Fiio? I use a Pa2v2 which isn't that small but even as a starter at $60 I carry it with me when i can

Jan 7, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #5 of 7
Although ive listened to my UE-11s amped practically the whole time i've had them, i just sold my portable rig, and am listening to them straight out of my girfriends ipod.

The sound still puts a smile on my face. The bass isnt as tight and the overall sound isnt as intense, but if you want to enjoy the music, i still cant think of anything better than these for portable listening. They imo, put quite a few home rigs ive listened to to shame. The resolution is what makes them so special.

Jan 7, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #6 of 7
They'll sound amazing unamped. Most of the time I use a LOD/iQube out of a 160GB iPod classic and they sound slightly better than out of the HP out, but it's not dramatic. They're inherently so good that they sound better out of the HP out of a 4g iPod than my Shure 530 do amped out of the classic. (And, referring to some other current threads, my classic sounds much better out of both LOD and HP than either the 4g or 5g do.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back