how does the PRO 650/550 compare to HFI-780
Feb 15, 2010 at 4:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

genclaymore

Headphoneus Supremus
I planning on getting rid of my HFI-780, I do love them But because I wear them so much that the padding being pleather and old is smash down and starting to make the left side of my head swell.

So I was gonna get a pair of Pro-650 or 550. But I was wondering how they compared to each other.

thx

Feb 15, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #2 of 8
If its just the pad being worn I think you can actually buy replacement pad from ultrasone that would probably be cheaper than buying another headphone. I heard you could also use ed9 pads on them in case you didn't like the pleather but in this case that wouldn't be cheap i think.
Edit: sorry please ignore my comment, I missed the part about the headphone making your head swell, is it from the heat caused by the pleather?

Feb 15, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #3 of 8
nah the pleather doesnt make my head hot or any thing. I think its the headband pushing down on the top of my head putting its inpressing on the top of my head since got a bit of hair that growed back after getting it cut.

Unless it just a sign telling me to take a break from using my headphones and use my speakers instead. I might not even get rid of it now til im sure unless I can fiqure out how i gonna go by replacing the pad.

I do have some so called gaming headphones with a long pad. I just dont know how i am gonna get it on it.

Feb 15, 2010 at 6:21 AM Post #5 of 8
I took off the padding off some used GameCon 377 i bought and cut it and then taped it on. tried glue but that didnt work. so i used some cheap walmart tape that i wanted to thru as it didnt want to come off the thing right. Got it all typed up now much better.

Feb 15, 2010 at 6:28 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by genclaymore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I planning on getting rid of my HFI-780, I do love them But because I wear them so much that the padding being pleather and old is smash down and starting to make the left side of my head swell.

So I was gonna get a pair of Pro-650 or 550. But I was wondering how they compared to each other.

thx

The Pro series have a bigger sound stage and they are a little more comfy, as well you can get the Pro-900 pads that fit the Pro series. The golden drivers extend more in the highs compare to the Mylar drivers.

Feb 15, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #8 of 8
Thx, even tho I in up changing my mind but any thing can happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back