How does the preampoutput on the ultra desktop work?
Feb 11, 2009 at 10:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Anouk

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello, I have owned my ultra desktop for more then half a year now and I am still pretty satisfied with it! Although I am also, of course, interested in other sound sigs offered by other amps. I was curious, how does the preamp output of my headroom amp work? Does it also get the signal that comes out of the headphone output, or does it cut the signal earlier?
This is not related to this thread in any way, but maybea lineout would be a good idea rot hee amp+dac in a box solutions so that you can use the dac with other components.
Greetings, Anouik,

Feb 11, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, I have owned my ultra desktop for more then half a year now and I am still pretty satisfied with it! Although I am also, of course, interested in other sound sigs offered by other amps. I was curious, how does the preamp output of my headroom amp work? Does it also get the signal that comes out of the headphone output, or does it cut the signal earlier?
This is not related to this thread in any way, but maybea lineout would be a good idea rot hee amp+dac in a box solutions so that you can use the dac with other components.
Greetings, Anouik,

It's in parallel with the headphone output.

The line out question has been hashed out time and time again. There isn't going to be one on the amps, however there is a standalone DAC in the works.

You can easily use the DAC with other components exactly as it is - the pre out works excellently and can be connected straight to a power amp or powered monitors with great results. Headphone amp = pre amp that is designed to deliver truck loads of current and handle nasty loads.

Mar 29, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #4 of 4
The idea of a double volume control if using it with say a tube headamp seems cumbersome. However, it should work well with an amp requiring a preamp to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back