How does the Meier Opera compare to other high end amps such as Singlepower, etc.
Mar 24, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by j24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody knows how it compares against the GS1. I was for a while leaning toward the GS1 for my next purchase, now, I'm thinking Opera.

I used to own the GS-1 and the Singlepower PPX3-SLAM, but I've since sold both for the Opera. I thought the cheaper GS-1 was on par with the PPX3-SLAM, and the Opera is up one (or probably quite a few) notch(es). It has a very smooth, clear and detailed sound which is surprisingly forgiving even to poor recordings and lossy files on my iPod. That being said, I am a SS guy.

Mar 24, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #17 of 19
Just listening to my new Opera for the first time :)

(USB only for now until I get some analogue interconnects)

Mar 25, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #18 of 19
one of my attractions to the opera is because of it's potential to deliver the benefits of running balance without having to rewire your phones. some phones seem to benefit from balanced operation such as the senn hd6xx and akgk340. for the latter this is the only mod i've heard to it that has impressed me and i'm wondering how this amp/phone combo works. have any of you opera owners tried the k340s with it? if so please share your impressions.

Apr 6, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #19 of 19
And of course there is synergy. I've been craving to hear the Opera with the DT990 '05. I'm sure it would sound wonderful.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back