How does the JVC FXT90 compare to the IE8?
Jan 13, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #16 of 22

Quote:
So the IE80's have a better over all sound thats more refined, I thought its was just a newer IE8 with not much of a change if any in SQ.  Thats good to know but I might have to wait awhile as $400 is a little to much for me to spend at the moment since I'm going to re-shell my TF10's with the driver upgrade.  Thanks for the info.

You can get them for cheaper than $400.00. I got mine for less than $350.00 You just have to haggle razordog and he will give you a good deal. Also if you pay him via paypal that will allow him to give you a better deal. When he sells on ebay that is what also drives his prices up due to ebay taking their cut as well. You cut out the middle man and you both save money...

Also for anyone whose interested ie2han is selling some IEMs and one of them is the FX700. Generally going used for these is a great option and will save you quite a bit of money (got mine used for $270.00).

http://www.head-fi.org/t/585339/ic-w4-re272-fx700-e-q5-e-q7-worldwide#post_7970047

Jan 13, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #17 of 22
So if I'm already enjoying my ie8, should I get the jvc fxt90?

Do they sound much different especially considering both are warm?

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #18 of 22
Of you've read much of the fxt90 appreciation thread, it should be clear they sound very different. The JVC is going to sound much brighter overall and aggressive compared to the smooth nature of the IE8. Soundstage will be more intimate and you'll be placed much closer to the singer. If you want a change of pace from the IE8, any of the 3 higher end FX offerings would be a great choice. 

Jan 13, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #19 of 22

Quote:
Of you've read much of the fxt90 appreciation thread, it should be clear they sound very different. The JVC is going to sound much brighter overall and aggressive compared to the smooth nature of the IE8. Soundstage will be more intimate and you'll be placed much closer to the singer. If you want a change of pace from the IE8, any of the 3 higher end FX offerings would be a great choice. 

Woot!

Thanks!

That means I have to get it.

Eh, I am not familiar with JVC FX series....don't they only have FX500 and FX700?
Unless you consider FXT90 as well

Jan 13, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #21 of 22
Awesome.

Thanks guys!

Oh btw, any difference in cable betweent he gold limited edition and the regular black version?
Someone said there's supposed to be worse microphonics on the gold?

Jan 13, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #22 of 22
Just looks. I had both at the same time and didn't notice a microphonics difference. Although the  cable sheathing is different.  I think the regular cable is more supple and slighlty easier to deal with. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back