How does Meier Audio MOVE go with my Shure E5?
Jul 14, 2007 at 1:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

martin204

New Head-Fier
Hello, anyone has an idea how would Meier Audio MOVE go with my shure E5?

My audio souce a portable Mp3-player:Iaudio M3 with 20 GB. Recently I bought shure E5, which I had been looking forward to since a long time. With no Amp it doesn't sound just like it should do
confused.gif

I wanna buy a portble amp, but I have no idea about amps. I saw the ranking list posted by Skylab. according to that, Meier Audio MOVE sounds pretty good. does that go well with E5? some suggest XIN SuperMini-IV is an nice option. which one is better? or any other suggestions?

how long would it take until the xin amp ship to Germany? anyone bought that from Germany? sinde I heard some complaints about the shipment.

Ps: Technical Specifications of shure E5:

Speaker Type: Dual Live Performance Drivers
Sensitivity (at 1kHz): 122dB SPL/mW
Impedance (at 1kHz): 110
Cable Length: 1.55m (62 inches)
Net Weight: 31g (1.1oz)
Input Connector: 3.5 mm (1/8") gold-plated stereo plug

Jul 14, 2007 at 2:01 PM Post #2 of 7
I have the E500 and mostly connected with the MOVE after arrived. E500 will sound excellent with the MOVE after burn-in 20 hours. While it sounds what Skylab mentioned in his review of MOVE in another thread. With the MOVE, E500's bass is deeper and well defined, the mid is warmth and transparency, airy in treble but mellow. You can hear what the real sound of E500 it should be, very impressive. I think the E5 is not too far away with the E500, with similar signature.

Jul 14, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #4 of 7
Sure the IEM will not generate any noise, those noise should be from somewhere, right? A few users complained they heard hiss noise from the E500 and it is the defect product. You can ask for a replacement if unfortunately got one. One more, if there is option without that PTH, go for it. That PTH module is useless and worse the SQ.

Jul 14, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #6 of 7
IEM means In-Ear module, like E5 is one of this. It wouldn't create any noise in normal.

Jul 14, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ManAtWork /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IEM means In-Ear module, like E5 is one of this. It wouldn't create any noise in normal.

Initially I thought IEM means in-ear monitor...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back