How does drinking affect your hearing?
Oct 11, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #16 of 21
When playing Iron Maiden affects your flatmates, especially when it's 0130 :wink:
What I'm saying, is that sound is subjective. You can 'hear' a 'sound', but it's entirely up to you if you 'listen' to it.
So in the case of the Maiden Singeth?
They heard it. NOT so much the fans... :wink:
AND I was wearing eaphones! :wink:
Possibly the singing didn't help XD
Iron Maiden ROX!
Hehe!
Peace.
Me

Oct 11, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #19 of 21
@kova4a
beerchug.gif

Oct 20, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #20 of 21
From what I've experienced, all the garbage of overlapping thoughts and sub-thoughts dampen making me more perceptive till the spectrum of sound becomes closer to distinguishable individual notes. Also, as you said, perception for bass increases. In general, I have noticed that I can appreciate and experience stuff like Shpongle, Explosions in the sky, Pink Floyd, etc. much better drunk. But... I cannot use IEMs/headphones. Strictly speakers. IEMs and headphones make me feel claustrophobic. I need the sound source to be faaar away.

Oct 20, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #21 of 21
I don't drink alcohol, but as far as plain water goes:
Too little and it's hard to enjoy the music when you're constantly thinking of getting a drink.
Too much and you'll find your listening session interrupted, unless you're using a portable player or Wifi headphones.
Fortunately, there's a very large range between the two extremes, at least in my case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back