How do you wear your SE530?
Feb 20, 2008 at 5:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MadDog

500+ Head-Fier
I find it much better to wear the earphone with the cable hanging straight through instead of having it over the ear. I use the medium size silicon plugs. At first, I was worried that it might not give me the proper seal but with a little adjustment I am now getting the same tight seal as I would get when I position the ear pieces to have the cable over my ears. The earphones may stick out a little to the side because you have to postion the earpieces to make the cable run downward position but there are many benefits for doing this...

1. very comfortable and much less strain (to your ear)
2. no more worrying about cable coming off from your ears.
3. you can plug in/out your earpieces in a zippy
4. good for the health of your cable in a long run (no more bending of cable &
no sweat from ear lobes stiffening your cable)

You should try it if you haven't. I began to really appreciate the sound of SE530 after I finally found my comfort. Make sure you don't reverse the side becuase if you do you will lose the precious seal. The side "L" should always be plugged into left and "R" for right side, for this to work.

Feb 20, 2008 at 6:18 AM Post #3 of 7
I use it the way you do only when I wanna use it for a short time. For long trip, like in my car or when i sit in my bed next to my sleeping kid, i prefer using it over the ear.

Feb 20, 2008 at 7:20 AM Post #4 of 7
when i had the um2, i did that as well for only short intervals. now, i don't have that design anymore, but just as the poster above mentioned, long trips were all over the ear. of course, the westone does not have a cable that seems to be affected by sweat - indeed if shure only adopted a few of westone's tricks, they would gain a few more converts: myself perhaps

Feb 20, 2008 at 7:42 AM Post #6 of 7
personally i use them the proper way over the ear but i do know of people who rather have the wire hanging down so i guess it depends on your ear just like everything else with headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back