How do you wear IEMs?
May 26, 2006 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bigDee

100+ Head-Fier
Particularly Shures but also other IEMs, how do you wear them? I understand most people curl the wire behind the ear. What do you do with the rest of the wire? Do you let it run straight down in front of you like normal? Do you put it down the front of your shirt? Or do you let it run from behind your back. Do you put it down the back of your shirt? If you don't put it down your shirt do you use a clip?

Also, what exactly are you usually doing when you have the IEMs in your ear.

May 26, 2006 at 5:25 AM Post #2 of 9
does it really matter?
tongue.gif

May 26, 2006 at 5:27 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigDee
Particularly Shures but also other IEMs, how do you wear them? I understand most people curl the wire behind the ear. What do you do with the rest of the wire? Do you let it run straight down in front of you like normal? Do you put it down the front of your shirt? Or do you let it run from behind your back. Do you put it down the back of your shirt? If you don't put it down your shirt do you use a clip?

Its user specific. Youve named just about every option available so pick whichever you find *best* and go with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigDee
Also, what exactly are you usually doing when you have the IEMs in your ear.

Listening to music.
etysmile.gif

May 26, 2006 at 7:07 AM Post #5 of 9
With Shure E3C's, over the ears but across the front of my chest (they seem to stay quite secure this way. I haven't needed to run the wires down the back of my shirt, for example, the way a musician on stage would.

May 26, 2006 at 11:33 AM Post #8 of 9
With the E4, I put the Y-connecter in my shirt behind my back, no wire over th ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back