How do you use & maintain your heaphones?
Sep 28, 2008 at 4:19 PM Post #33 of 48
Just think, while you use your headphones your face is creating oil! After you wash your hands, your fingers start creating oil! Your hair is dead!

I don't bang my headphones around, but they don't get cleanroom treatment, either.

Sep 28, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #34 of 48
I'm sensing a lot of OCD here, you guys must freak out at the thought of other people listening to your cans!
tongue_smile.gif

I just stick mine on my stand and wipe them down every now and then, otherwise I just enjoy listening to them and don't worry about dust too much.

Sep 28, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #35 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by j0shimi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sensing a lot of OCD here, you guys must freak out at the thought of other people listening to your cans!
tongue_smile.gif

I just stick mine on my stand and wipe them down every now and then, otherwise I just enjoy listening to them and don't worry about dust too much.

Or buying used which is what I've done with almost every one of mine.

Sep 28, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #36 of 48
The Grado 225s I'm waiting for are previously owned by a Head-Fier. He's a nice guy ang sure takes regular showers but I WILL thoroughly clean them before I give them a try. Plus I'll just use my bowls while the others dry and ionize.
smily_headphones1.gif

So OCD might be one way to see it. LoL

Sep 28, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #38 of 48
Mine are put in plastic storage containers to hold the ones I'm not using. Keeps the dust off. I also think it is important to let the materials breathe so last one I listen to at night is left out on a stand. Periodically wipe them down to clean them and to clean the ear pads.

But I also don't have a problem letting others listen to them. In fact I encourage it. After all, they're meant to be enjoyed
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 28, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #41 of 48
I put them on my head, and music comes out of them.

As for storage, I have cats, and a kitten who especially loves cables. She also likes to sleep between the earpads, or knead them with her claws, so the headphones are stored in a Rubbermaid latching-lid container padded with some foam after use.

My earphones are kept in whatever case generally comes with them. I'm especially fond of the carrying case that came included with my C551s.

Sep 28, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #43 of 48
Yup, my cats too seems to like to sleep next to my amp & headphone wire.....and to get even more attention they also go for the interconnect & coaxial (lol!!). That usually do the trick...........
eek.gif

Sep 29, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #44 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am very anal about my headphones. My fullsized cans get especially pampered.

Same here!
I clean them at a regular basis and store them in the flight case/wooden box when stored for more than a couple of days. For daily use I store them in a plastic bag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back