How do you treat your ears?
Jul 22, 2009 at 7:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

stvn758

100+ Head-Fier
You spend all that money on a pair of headphones, you debate endlessly the nuances of the music that come through them - anyone give their ears a second thought?

Ear drops, going to the Doctors to get them syringed. Could the difference between one high end piece of audio equipment and another be decided by a lump of ear wax.
biggrin.gif

Jul 22, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #3 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by RushNerd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait...are you suggesting I go get my ears SYRINGED o_O

That is kind of the standard way to irrigate ears. No needles, of course.

Jul 22, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #6 of 28
Quote:

is it necessary if you don't have build up or any ear issues/infections?

I'd say not. This is normally carried out in order to remove wax buildups/obstructions. An ear infection is a different matter.

Jul 22, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #7 of 28
Quote:

I've never heard of this...is it necessary if you don't have build up or any ear issues/infections?

Usually your ears clean themselves but as with most bodily functions, well they're crap.

Rather than jabbing your ear drum with a cotton bud (bad idea) a trip to the Doc's and a stream of warm water through a syringe can do wonders for your hearing apparently.

Jul 22, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by twylight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my right ear goes numb...I had an MRI done - good waste of time and money. I blame it on my wife, thats the side she gets to talk at.

Haha,

the only ear trouble I ever had was kind of strange, I went to sleep like any other night with no problems, and awoke around 4 in the morning and was howling in pain, something happened with my right ear and it was THE WORST pain I've ever had in my life, and it lasted for about two hours (the pain) and I was pretty much completely deaf out of that ear for about 2 months, went to the doctors and apparently I had some kind of infection that popped up out of nowhere, it felt like it needed to *pop* but it couldn't, I even sat at the bottom of deep pools and went on airplanes to try and fix it, but to no avail, then one day, it was all better.

Jul 22, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #12 of 28
I think I might have mild tinnitus in my right ear.... Being a 17 year old male I am subject to a lot of loud stuff :/
But yea... I don't clean my ears enough haha; don't have much time for music sadly.

Jul 22, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #14 of 28
I recall having an infection in my ear when I was about 7, and it ended up rupturing my ear drum. Felt much like I'd imagine it would if someone stuck an ice pick in and pushed.

Since then, I have had no serious issues with my ears, barring some high frequency hearing loss due to shooting a lot as a kid with no hearing protection. Even that is not as bad as I had thought it was.

As far as ear care, I generally just tip my head carefully when taking a shower, so the stream goes straight into the ear canal for a few seconds, and then tip my head over and do the other side, and let them drain naturally. When I had impressions for custom earplugs taken, the guy that did it said I had very clean ears, so I guess it works reasonably well.

Jul 22, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #15 of 28
If any of you have a flu/or a cold of any type , it can cause tinnitus. I had tinnitus for about a week, and when i went to my doctor, he said that it was due to fluids being trapped in the eardrum. Off course, this was fixed by simply waiting for my ears to dry and i was so relieved when my hearing came back to normal. ( i could not hear high frequencies or low frequencies in my left ear)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back