How do YOU transport you CDs
Oct 2, 2003 at 4:12 PM Post #16 of 22
I used to use a 25 CD spindle that came filled with blank CD-Rs, it did a good job of keeping my CDs safe. The only time I ever damaged CDs was when trying to change discs while on the move. Like other people here I always made copies rather than taking my originals.

Oct 3, 2003 at 6:15 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by Skier4Life
I have a Caselogic 200 CD wallet that I take with me. It is nice and heavy.

At 200 CDs, I think it ceases to be a "wallet" and becomes more of a "suitcase"

280smile.gif

Oct 3, 2003 at 6:31 PM Post #19 of 22
Add the fact that I also have the liner notes for the CDs in there and suitcase is probably a better description. The only distance I usually carry it is to the car and back in the house. When I travel I usually use a 25 CD wallet and take my current favorites. But I have been known to squeeze the "CD suitcase" into a bookbag, with my DT831s, CMOY and PCDP and take it on airplanes and buses (I will be doing that next Friday for an 8 hour bus ride).
redface.gif

Oct 4, 2003 at 9:01 PM Post #20 of 22
When I travel out of the country due to work, I always carry a laptop for work with an Indigo sound card which I use with a Px200. These days I transfer a collection of mp3 and wav tracks onto the hard-disk, and then carry along a small Caselogic of 12 CD's in the sleeves. I often visit the local music stores and purchase a few CD's so I don't want to carry a large load with me. This is quite compact.

Can't wait till the days when several Gigabytes of flash memory costs only a hundred dollars, then it would be lots of music on solid state for convenient transportation.

Cheers,
W

Oct 4, 2003 at 9:59 PM Post #21 of 22
I like to carry around CDs in their cases that they come in.

In my car I use a CD Projects case. CD projects is a geat case I like it alot except the stupid sleeves fall out but I got used to it. And the best thing about CD projects is that the sleeves don't scratch CDs.

Case Logics makes the worst CD sleeves ever. I used to have a couple of their cases, but I will never go back to them again since all my cds that were in a case logics sleeves are now scratched.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back