How do you tell which Polk floor speaker is the best?
Jul 9, 2017 at 8:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

MoMann

Head-Fier
Found a couple of deals but I'm curious how to tell which line is the best, below is what I've found:

Polk Audio Monitor 60 Series II ($150)
Polk Audio T50 ($172)
Polk Audio TSx 330T ($192)

I'm thinking the 330T is the best soundwise but the 60 series may be the best deal.

Jul 9, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #2 of 3
Speakers are I think harder to give opinions on as there are more of them. It also depends on placement and the room as that is why they always sound different if you heard them in a store from when you get them home. You might have better luck on a different site for this question as someone that has one of those will say they are great because they have them. I love my Polk LSi 15's but they are discontinued and were considerably more expensive. You might want to check out the Polk website as the also have a forum there as they helped me out when I blew my crossovers my fault not Polks. Very helpful bunch of people just like here. Hopes this helps.

Jul 10, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #3 of 3
Found a couple of deals but I'm curious how to tell which line is the best, below is what I've found:

Polk Audio Monitor 60 Series II ($150)
Polk Audio T50 ($172)
Polk Audio TSx 330T ($192)

I'm thinking the 330T is the best soundwise but the 60 series may be the best deal.

AFAIK the T-series is the entry level series - Monitor and TSx are probably just older versions but are higher tier. The Monitor 60 also uses 5.25in midwoofers vs the TSx 330T's and T50's 6.5in drivers. Generally, the larger the driver, the lower it can go, unless the smaller driver has a drastically better suspension and enclosure design. Personally I'd go with the TSx 330T (just note that all these are for just one speaker, and you need to have a pair).

Apart from that it would be better to try asking this in a speaker audio forum since you're more likely (though it's not a guarantee) to find somebody there who has actually listened to all three of these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back