How do you store your headphones?
Feb 4, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #16 of 50

Audio Technica also make a table hanger :-

Audio Technica HPH-300

Feb 4, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #19 of 50
Feb 5, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #21 of 50

Quote:
with the senn hanger and technica hanger, where did you buy them from? i love that senn holder but i can't find them for sale which send to australia

They're ~$16 from Sennheiser USA (but add shipping to that).
I got them off a dealer on Amazon for ~$20 shipped.
They go out of stock, but reappear often, so keep checking if you want one.

Feb 5, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #22 of 50

Quote:
They're available from Amazon in the US.  Have you checked the Australian Amazon?

Are they? I just searched and didn't find them.

For now, I just store mine in a dresser drawer because I'm paranoid about my cats (one in particular) chewing on the cords. That said, I do have a pair that I use with my computer that I just leave out and they have not messed with it. I just know they've chewed a couple cords in the past and it's a lot easier/more convenient to replace a USB cable than to unexpectedly recable a headphone. I have considered getting a stand or 2 for my better cans, but they would just sit in a closet unless I changed my mind about the cats messing with them.

Feb 5, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #23 of 50

Quote:

Are they? I just searched and didn't find them.

I was just looking at them on Amazon last night but now they're gone.  
blink.gif

Feb 5, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #25 of 50

Quote:
For crying out loud £15...!  Just use a plastic bag...?

Perhaps, but that bag is specifically molded to a proper shape, allowing me to easily slip it on and off in seconds, compared to a bag which would probably catch or take longer. A small price to pay for convenience.

I don't know the dimensions of the bag though, so when looking at a stand I am not sure how big I am able to go. Was thinking of getting a nice stand to put them on the desk with. Since I live in the UK, almost all stands are just horribly expensive (looking at you, woo audio stand and omega stand).

I did see this however,

http://cdn.head-fi.org/5/5a/5a3cf902_P1050098.JPG

http://shop.closetmaid.co.uk/3531---hose-pipe-hang-up-413-p.asp

For 8.99 looks brilliant. I'm just wondering if the small contact points distributed at two points would stop the headband deforming I keep hearing about.

Feb 5, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #30 of 50

Quote:
For those of you with the clamp-type desk holders, do you put anything over your headphones to protect against dust? (Or am I just paranoid?)

I wouldn't say so. Getting dust on velvet would be a pain to get off (I don't think the DT880 earpads would respond nicely to using tape to peel off the dust, and washing them in water... I don't know).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back