How do you store your headphones? Why?
May 23, 2004 at 9:29 AM Post #16 of 44
My HD600s sit on my desk within convenient reach. I like to keep my more expensive stuff looking nice, so I'm careful with them. My amp and modest tube collection is right in back of the HD600s.

May 23, 2004 at 9:30 AM Post #17 of 44
I posted the other day about upgrading to Ety ER-4P/S because I lost my ER-6's. However, to my good fortune I had just left them in my duffel bag from my flight the other day. However, I just bought an Altoids Chewing gum tin to store my Ety ER-6 cans in, they fit well and look cool, but from anyone's longtime with Etys is it a good idea to always keep your extra foam tips/filters/filter changing tool with your phones at all times, as they do not fit well in the small tin along with the etys. Any ideas?

May 23, 2004 at 10:02 AM Post #18 of 44
I say don't keep such valuable things in a mint can. Unless it's like a Meta Mint amp which clearly has a knob and switch, etc, someone around the house might think it's trash and just throw it away...

May 23, 2004 at 11:19 AM Post #19 of 44
I just lay them down on my desk, behind the throttle control wheel button of my joystick
wink.gif

May 23, 2004 at 11:40 AM Post #20 of 44
I just find the kitchen roll stand very convenient and simple to use. Keeps the headphones out of the way yet always within reach without having to raise off my chair:

stand_2.jpg

May 23, 2004 at 11:41 AM Post #21 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by N@Z
The RS-1's are on the 'nana stands the rest of my full sized headphones are in their respective boxes. Mainly because I'm in the mood for the Grado sound. Previously it was the CD3K & before that HD600... you get my drift.

I used to store my etys in the Koss KSC-35 pouch for easy access & travel but now I've started putting them in an Oakley Vault case for use at home. It's a little overkill I must say but what the hey. So now I have a pair of old Oakley Eye Jackets lying around on my book shelf!

DSCN1912.jpg

Had to remove the grey foam lining as it was disintegrating. Now, there should be enough room for a SuperDual & a pocket radio/mini DAP player even
etysmile.gif

Very cool little storage box, I like the look of that one. Looks like you could drive a bus over it without crushing it..
icon10.gif

May 23, 2004 at 11:45 AM Post #22 of 44
TonyTripleA said:
Well there are three good reasons to hang headphones in my house (and they are all aged 6 and under). Say no more.

Ha Ha Ha. Those would be the three strongest reasons I've heard for hanging the phones yet.
600smile.gif

May 23, 2004 at 12:17 PM Post #23 of 44
ipodstudio: Where did you get that kitchen roll stand?

Thanks.

May 23, 2004 at 12:31 PM Post #24 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide
ipodstudio: Where did you get that kitchen roll stand?

Thanks.

Dunnes Stores, Torre Del Mar, Southern Spain..
biggrin.gif
However, any store selling kitchen utensils (Ikea even..) should have them or something similar. Walmart and the likes, I guess, in the US...

May 23, 2004 at 12:38 PM Post #25 of 44
I tend to keep mine in closed drawers just to keep pet hair off of them although my 650s are generally on a coffee table next to my chair because I use them so much.

May 23, 2004 at 2:02 PM Post #26 of 44
Well, my Senn 600's I keep on a banana hanger next to my computer. Why? Because it looks pretty, and there's room on the desk, and the cdp is right below it, putting the entire system right there. If I need to get up and do something, no more wondering where to put the headphones. But now I need another hanger for the upcoming dt531's.

My ety 4p's are usually in their small zipper case. Why? Because I use them for portable use, mostly.

The ms-1's are all by themselves hanging on a guitar hanger by the keyboard (as in piano keyboard). Why? Because that's where my old Fender used to be and something has to be there. I usually use the ms-1's while using the ipod around the house. It's not much energy to walk back there and get them.
smily_headphones1.gif

The Philips 890s are on the stand that came with them, on the entertainment center beside the tv. Why? Because I use them for late-night tv-watching.

My husband's dt770s are plugged into his amp and hidden in the sliding keyboard drawer of his desk. Why? Because he wouldn't remember to plug them in and use them otherwise.
wink.gif

May 23, 2004 at 9:54 PM Post #30 of 44
I'm trying to solve this now. I'm replacing my rack with a basic 4-shelf glass rack and the idea is that the top would be where all the headphones hang out.

The O2's can go on a Stax hangar but I don't like the look of that stand. The A-T's will need a different stand. Any recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back