How do you store/organize your headphones?
Dec 17, 2016 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mattlach

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

I just picked up an Elevation Lab adhesive under desk hanger which seems to work pretty well.

Not sure what I'll do if/when I get a third set.  (Maybe another hanger?

How do you guys organize your headphones?

Dec 22, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #3 of 7
Dec 22, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #4 of 7
My headphone stand can hold two to five headphones. (Depending on size.)

When I had more than that at one time, I kept the ones I used less in boxes (usually the original ones) in the closet.

Dec 28, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #6 of 7
I used to use banana holders (they're cheap and make good stands), but I got tired of dusting and how bulky that was getting (I own over a dozen pairs of headphones after all), so I took the top few drawers of a dresser and just keep my cans in there now. Every headphone is either in its case, or (for ones that didn't come with cases) in little bags I made (just fabric in a pouch similar to what some headphones include). Keeps all the wires out of the way of each other, so there's no tangles or fuss. It's honestly the most hassle-free solution to the problem that I've yet come up with, and it keeps things less cluttered looking because its just a dresser from the outside.

PleasantSounds:

Looks very good. Just to point out, and I don't know if this is really a problem or not: years ago there was a lot of conjecture/worry about storing the AKG K7-- series hanging by the leather headband (as opposed to by the hoops) because it (apparently/in principle) can wear the elastics out prematurely. I'm not sure if there's merit to this - I had mine for over five years and wore them extensively and never had issues with the elastics, so I'd assume its fine based on that, but I figured I'd pass along the other side of that just as food for thought.

Dec 28, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #7 of 7
PleasantSounds:

Looks very good. Just to point out, and I don't know if this is really a problem or not: years ago there was a lot of conjecture/worry about storing the AKG K7-- series hanging by the leather headband (as opposed to by the hoops) because it (apparently/in principle) can wear the elastics out prematurely. I'm not sure if there's merit to this - I had mine for over five years and wore them extensively and never had issues with the elastics, so I'd assume its fine based on that, but I figured I'd pass along the other side of that just as food for thought.

Thanks for the tip! I haven't thought about that.
Since I need the space for another set and use them quite rarely anyway - in a drawer they go!
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back