How do you store/display your IEMs?
Nov 30, 2010 at 10:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TheGomdoRi

100+ Head-Fier
Just wondering how Head-Fi members keep their IEMs at home

1) Is it always connected to your source/amp?
2) Is it in the original case/box?
3) Is it on a stand that you've made or bought?
4) Any other ideas?

I ask this because I have like a couple IEMs laying around the house but I figured there must be an ingenious way to display your prized collection. I was considering making a stand or buying a velvet lined box or something lol. Am I crazy !?
deadhorse.gif

Share your ideas please!

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #2 of 5
... I don't think I will ever show off my IEMs. So, I just keep them in their respective pouches. However, I have plans to have something with a Lego hand to hold onto my custom IEMs in my bookshelf.
tongue.gif

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #3 of 5
Well it's not so much to show off but I just have em laying around the house randomly lol I actually tried to make something out of clay but it didn't really work out
tongue.gif
. If anybody has any ideas to store IEMs I'd love to hear em.

I actually something at IKEA I believed it was called a charging station and it was this plastic box with a felt lining side it was sort of hollowed out I might pick it up . . .

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #4 of 5
I have my desk drawer with a bunch of cases..of course whether or not I know what's inside is a different story. Well actually it's not so bad now but in the past it's pretty difficult to know what is in what case but they were all altoids cans or some round semi hard case. I'm not planning on investing more in universal earphones but if I was I'd probably find a better solution.

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #5 of 5
Each of them stored in their respective stock cases / cheap eBay hard carrying case / MEE case / rarely in pouches. To remember which is which, I arrange them in the same order in my profile. Otherwise, it'd be a royal mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back