How do you set up your home system?
Jul 20, 2003 at 1:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

chicken

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. I'm thinking about having a META built in the next few months to year and I'm curious about the setup with the CD player. I'll initially be using a PCDP so that's no problem. However, eventually I would like to get a home CDP and an integrated amp for use with speakers. Would I be able to use the same META then? I did a search on this subject and I found that some ppl have used the tape/loop out on the integrated amp. I guess this long story is to ask if it would be better (SOUND better) to use that loop out option or to perhaps have the META build with a line out/ pre-out? Thanks everyone for your help and enjoy your headphone listening!
smily_headphones1.gif

PS All the good CDPs in my price range (<500 USD)seem to only have one analog output so the option of two lineouts from the source doesn't work.
frown.gif

Jul 20, 2003 at 8:40 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by jms007bnd007
Have you tried the vampire splitters? Do they degrade the sound much?

Yes. I have several in my system. IMO, they are the most transparent splitters available.

Highly recommended!

smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 21, 2003 at 1:22 AM Post #6 of 7
Thx everybody for your comments. I think I'll use the splitters. Maybe by the time I get around to buying that system (about a year or two a cheap "audiophile" CDP will come with two line outs for us head-fi guys. Thx again.
PS. I saw that some other guy just asked a very similar question about his home theater reciever [gasp
wink.gif
] I guess this concept is hard for us newbies.

Jul 21, 2003 at 9:52 PM Post #7 of 7
It is fairly easy to have a line out built into your META. Mine has this feature, and that is what I use it for.

Click on the META in my sig for specs and pictures of mine.
Tangent made it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back