How do you set up your headphones for console gaming?
Nov 6, 2009 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Rufus_Truthfist

Head-Fier
I'm trying to figure out the best way to set up my headphones to play xbox 360. I am pretty sure i am about to buy the ad700 due to how popular they are here and now want to know how to set them up. I heard here that hooking them up directly to the tv is the worst way to do it. I have seen many people suggest the mixamp so am leaning towards that. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Nov 6, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus_Truthfist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm trying to figure out the best way to set up my headphones to play xbox 360. I am pretty sure i am about to buy the ad700 due to how popular they are here and now want to know how to set them up. I heard here that hooking them up directly to the tv is the worst way to do it. I have seen many people suggest the mixamp so am leaning towards that. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Receiver would be the most common or a headphone amp & dac.. Or Headphone amp/dac combo.. I listed 28 on my blog ranging from 50.00-1,650.. On teamxbox. kool bubba ice. You mighyt want to check it out.

Nov 7, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #5 of 5
a DAC/AMP combo would be the best. A receiver will give you dolby headphone or silent cinema if you are lucky but I could live without that. Some games have it kind of built in even if those are few that have headphone options.

A receiver is handy if you are going to use a transducer? I suppose you are going to play games on the 360 and then you do want a transducer weither you game with headphones or speakers. But particularly headphones gains a lot by that for games/movies but also music that ask for more physical feedback then headphones can give you generally
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back