How do you pay for your gear?
Mar 11, 2020 at 11:38 PM Post #61 of 73
B stock can be good too. I recently bought a pair of Klipsh RP 600m book shelf speakers for my bedroom rig. They usually cost around $600 a pair but I got mine from a reputable dealer B stock for $469 shipped. Arrived in perfect condition.

I also got a perfect pair of Sennheiser HD 600 last year for $215 B stock. One of the best bargains.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #64 of 73
Money management can be an issue.

I am guilty of this too but many people lack discipline and over spend on Starbucks, buying lunch, over shopping at Amazon, etc..

Back in the old days, there was no Starbucks so coffee drinking was from your own thermos. People brought their own homemade lunch in a lunch box. People did not have monthly Netflix fees.

There was also far less fast food restaurants so buying lunch at Wendy’s or McDonalds was much less frequent.

If you set aside $5 a day which is about the price of a pack of cigarettes for a year. You will have $1865. With that amount, you can buy something really nice.

Jul 4, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #65 of 73
Grand Theft Auto!

Jul 4, 2020 at 7:08 AM Post #66 of 73
Grand Theft Auto!

So I visit a niece for her 8th birthday party last week. She is very talkative and shows me her IPad.

She had Grand Theft Auto and showed me how she doesn't play on middle finger mode. I was startled to know there was a mode called that, but happy she had good language in game play.

I have never played the game but she started playing from the beginning and showed me the ropes. Next she says “See that cop over there?” She then walks over to the officer and starts punching him!

She says “After I beat up the cop, and can take his gun and kill everyone!”

I truly wish I had a photo of my expression. :)

Jul 4, 2020 at 7:17 AM Post #67 of 73
Yeah that is how most play it it seems. I am a nice guy I only shoot police if they are activelly trying to shoot me after borrowing other peoples cars or whatever bad I have to do to get hold of a nice set of wheels.

I have been so very good. No purchases since the Kennerton Magni! Hit a homerun with those.There is the updated models coming out already of course but the Magnis are so good I can resist all temptations!

Jul 4, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #68 of 73
with my watch...

Paying With Watch.gif

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #69 of 73
I have a job that pays me relatively well enough. It's not a lot, but it allows me to buy something decent every few months, or so. Plus, audio is my only major hobby.

Jul 8, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #70 of 73
I mainly buy used or when I find big discounts. I guess I'm buying wrong because I buy 2 different players/iems/headphones, compare them and leave the one I like. The problem is that it takes time to sell an unnecessary gear and return some of the money invested.

Jul 8, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #72 of 73
I mainly buy used or when I find big discounts. I guess I'm buying wrong because I buy 2 different players/iems/headphones, compare them and leave the one I like. The problem is that it takes time to sell an unnecessary gear and return some of the money invested.

I do pretty much the same.. only way to really know is to hear it in your system, relaxed and comfortable where you can decide which is best.
Buying good gear helps keep the resale value up.. but I tend to be lazy when it comes to selling stuff.. so I start another system.. Then when I realize it’s not being used and unnecessary, I get motivated to sell... its a sickness.. When I discovered Schiit gear looking for a headphone DAC, I bought the modi Multibit and the Magni headphone amp for myself and the same for my son.. Now I have the Yggdrasil, Freya+ and just sold a pair of Aegir amps.. yep.. it’s a disease..
but in my own defense.. I sold off my second system and some from the main and it paid for it all.. Almost.. Yet when I sit and Listen and Experience the music..
It pays for itself many times over... Enjoy the music !

Jul 8, 2020 at 8:39 AM Post #73 of 73
B stock can be good too. I recently bought a pair of Klipsh RP 600m book shelf speakers for my bedroom rig. They usually cost around $600 a pair but I got mine from a reputable dealer B stock for $469 shipped. Arrived in perfect condition.

I also got a perfect pair of Sennheiser HD 600 last year for $215 B stock. One of the best bargains.

I talked my vinyl friend (see for yourself)
F0118285-2756-4AAB-8A56-C38983D94601.jpeg

into getting a Bifrost Multibit B stock for $399. it arrived and looked new for 300 less.. I got him hooked on amazon HD.. so now he doesn’t have to chase down obscure hard to find expensive albums.. he‘s also impressed with the sound..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back