how do you mod your tri flanges?
Nov 1, 2005 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ah_long

100+ Head-Fier
i have 3 pairs..
item: E4C

the first: modded to bi-flange, cut off the smallest, and the bottom stem part just as it aligns with the biggest flange

the second: modded to bi-flange, cut off the biggest, the flange just slightly covering the stem

the third, not yet modded...

seems to sound the same..but...
the second one seems to be more inside, and not as easy to fall off

Nov 2, 2005 at 1:04 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ah_long
i have 3 pairs..
item: E4C

the first: modded to bi-flange, cut off the smallest, and the bottom stem part just as it aligns with the biggest flange

the second: modded to bi-flange, cut off the biggest, the flange just slightly covering the stem

the third, not yet modded...

seems to sound the same..but...
the second one seems to be more inside, and not as easy to fall off

i've been using bi-flanges for quite a while. still the best choice for me above it all

Nov 2, 2005 at 1:43 AM Post #3 of 6
If you have to mod the tri-flange, you should be using foamies. But, just to keep you busy, try removing the sound tube from a foamie, cut the length in half, and then slide onto the stem of the tri-flange. Push it right up under your last (largest) flange. Better Isolation, fit, and bass.

Nov 2, 2005 at 1:51 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin
If you have to mod the tri-flange, you should be using foamies. But, just to keep you busy, try removing the sound tube from a foamie, cut the length in half, and then slide onto the stem of the tri-flange. Push it right up under your last (largest) flange. Better Isolation, fit, and bass.

IS there anything more crazier possible
etysmile.gif
By the way, we don't have a UM2 smilie.. I have a UM2, so does many, I think its time we have a UM2 smilie and it shouldn't be like the toothless Ety, a more robust, elegant, classy one
etysmile.gif

Nov 2, 2005 at 3:08 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin

Disagree. I can hear a difference between bi-flanges and foamies. The former is slightly less comfortable and is perhaps a little lighter on the bass while having better highers. The latter may have a slight advantages to the bass, but tends to kill the highs somewhat, which has the (often undesirable) effect of making the mids sound more prominent.

Or maybe that's just me.

Nov 2, 2005 at 6:47 AM Post #6 of 6
Isn't that er4 smilie the wrong way round, anyway? The red plug is in the *left* ear...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back