How do you make an avatar?
Nov 6, 2005 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

PATB

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey guys. Can somebody help me to convert the below picture to an avatar suitable for use at head-fi? If you have instructions to do, that would be great so I can make some more.

IMG_1585.jpg

Nov 6, 2005 at 7:35 PM Post #3 of 10
download this program :

http://www.irfanview.com/

Then leave a shortcut on your desktop which you can "drag and drop" any picture format into for resizing.Just

Image>resize/resample>set new size (in pixels) to 75 whatever the largest dimension is so if the pic is say 393 X 435 pixels you only have to highlight the 435 and make it a 75.the rest will be done for you to "save as"

a lot easier and faster than my description.The program is free ,light (no bloat) and reeeeaaaaallly fast

Nov 6, 2005 at 7:39 PM Post #4 of 10
edit: oops too slow
cool.gif

A good and free image resizer/viewer is Irfanview. Open the image with the program, then go to Image > Resize. The largest dimension can be 75 pixels, so that'll be your width since it's the largest side in the original image.

After you resize, File > Save As or Save the image and you're set.

Dec 25, 2006 at 5:48 PM Post #7 of 10
patb,
for the image source start off with the highest resolution photo
increase the contrast and color saturation (small images wash out easy)
resize to the correct avatar size
if you do not like the results, undo the resize, contrast, etc., and try again

mine is also animated, but very subtly.

Dec 25, 2006 at 6:38 PM Post #8 of 10
How you enjoying that D40 anyway? I've been thinking of upgrading/downgrading the camera lately... the D40's compact size does make it attractive.

Best,

-Jason

Dec 25, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #9 of 10
redshifter,
Indeed I had never noticed your subtle avatar animation until you just mentioned it. Very subtle indeed. I think it's great.

Dec 25, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by fishcarver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
redshifter,
Indeed I had never noticed your subtle avatar animation until you just mentioned it. Very subtle indeed. I think it's great.

thanks. beethoven may look serious, but the man had a good sense of humor too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back