How do you listen to your music?
Jan 2, 2009 at 10:20 AM Post #16 of 46
When i'm listen to my Vinyl rig which is in my room i always listening while not doing anything else, whith my computer i usually surf the internet or play some repetitive game which does not draw too much attention away from the music.

Jan 2, 2009 at 10:55 AM Post #17 of 46
I've had to choose three options: While walking/commuting -which allows focusing most of the attention into the music-, while reading/doing PC-internet stuff, and paying my whole attention to the music. Good music deserves all the attention, mediocre one can serve as noise masking therefore improving concentration on other tasks. When at high school and college I used to study having "average" music as background, but as soon as it was interesting -the music- I couldn't keep my focus on the books...

Jan 2, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #18 of 46
When I have my iPod, which is everytime.
When using the computer, when there's a disturbing sound, when I'm walking, when I'm driving my motorcycle, when I'm awake, when I leave the classroom, when I'm sitting at home, when I'm sitting in the car, when eatting, when in a plane, when I buy stuff....

woooo ! ! !
thats not all

Jan 2, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #20 of 46
Music is my source of inspiration, relaxation, motivation, and general enjoyment. It is playing whenever I can arrange it. At work when feasible between patients, at home reading, doing paperwork, doing chores, watching TV (yeah it can be done), in the can, even going to sleep. Traveling by car or plane its always going. Can't ever seem to get enough. The only time it doesn't seem to work is when I have to concentrate carefully on a specific task outdoors like tennis or golf. Well there is another activity, but that's indoors usually.

Jan 2, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #21 of 46
Usually I listen to music when reading, wherever that may be - living room, bedroom, 'rest' room or on the train. Rarely whilst doing 'nothing', eg. walking, or sleeping (at low volumes).

Jan 5, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #22 of 46
I listen on my daily commute to & from work (skateboard). While walking, when I'm going to the store or somewhere nearby that does'nt require skating. Also. while on the bus going to the local shopping mall. Otherwise, most of my listening is done (critcally) a few hours prior to going to bed. Also, like to listen when I'm on the porcelain throne.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Jan 5, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #23 of 46
I listen to music while doing mindless things like web surfing, talking to people online, etc. But I will also stop and focus directly on the music quite often too. I really can't listen to music when doing something that requires solid thinking (like reading a book, or any critical thinking task). However as a musician, I can listen to myself make music, while I'm making it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 23, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #24 of 46
I listen to music 1)on the bus, 2)while checking the interwebs and 3)whilst engaged with certain mind-altering substances.
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #25 of 46
My good stuff is at work, so most of my listening is done while working. Most of the rest is while in the car and working out. Before I was married I watched a lot of TV on mute (closed captioned) and played a lot of games while listening to music, and listened to fall asleep at night. Music was an important part of socializing/partying, as well.

Jan 23, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #26 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I listen to music 1)on the bus, 2)while checking the interwebs and 3)whilst engaged with certain mind-altering substances.
biggrin.gif

LOL...I know what you mean man. That caffeine in coffee is killer! Nothing like legal psychoactive stimulants...heehehe
smile.gif

Jan 24, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #28 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL...I know what you mean man. That caffeine in coffee is killer! Nothing like legal psychoactive stimulants...heehehe
smile.gif

Honestly though, a double espresso will have me totally buzzed... it definitely affects the mind somehow. Can't listen on caffeine though. Want to get up and run around the apartment thirty or forty hundred times after two coffees.
tongue_smile.gif
It's a wonder Caffeine isn't illegal.

Jan 24, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #29 of 46
I listen to music during most of those. When I walk, which is about 2 miles a day, when I am doing chores, when I am reading, and when I am on the internet. I also just listen to music alone. But that is the only time I really focus on analyzing the sound.I analyze when I am doing other things, which is why I always good things, but it is not as much or important. Also, when I read, I can not listen to the sing-a-long type of songs, otherwise I get distracted. I mainly listen to jazz or slow/soft rock or radiohead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back