How do you know when you've found the right headphones?
Dec 22, 2011 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

LostMySelf

100+ Head-Fier
This is a question I ask myself all the time. Are we people somewhat blind by the music? Do we ever know how a track should sound 100%, and when do we know if we have found the headphones that make the music sound 100% correct?

Dec 22, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #2 of 20
I guess if you feel great and relaxed from listening it, then it must be the right headphone for you - regardless of how cheap or expensive it is.

In the end it comes down to how your brain responds to the sound effect - it's like massaging your mind or having sex.

Dec 22, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #3 of 20
While I think this is more of a question for the music or members forum, I will say this: it is the headphone that sounds the most "right" to YOU. Only you can make the decision of what you do and do not enjoy. While there are generalities that exist on some brands/models, judging the sound quality of anything is incredibly subjective.

Take every statement on this website with a grain of salt.

Go to meets/hi-fi shops to listen to gear.

Make your own decisions.

Dec 22, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #5 of 20
I believe there is no perfect earphone good for everyone as perception to sound is subjective.

With that said, I am willing to spend $1000 on an IEM if the sound quality is just 2 times (not 5 times) better than $200 IEM.

Dec 22, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #7 of 20
When you find yourself smiling silly unconsciously while listening the the music through the headphones, never go wrong with that.
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #8 of 20
How do you know when you've found the right headphones?

You get wood.

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #9 of 20

Quote:
This is a question I ask myself all the time. Are we people somewhat blind by the music? Do we ever know how a track should sound 100%, and when do we know if we have found the headphones that make the music sound 100% correct?

No, not unless you were in the recording studio with the band.

You found the right headphone when you no longer desire to upgrade.

Dec 23, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #11 of 20
I believe on this forum most members will never find the "right" headphone and aren't really trying. If so, once we were satisfied we should leave and never come back again. I like hearing how my favorite music sounds through many different types of headphones. I find it keeps the music fresh and allows me to refocus on something I may have missed even though I have heard it hundreds of times. Variety is the spice of life and different situations call for different sets of headphones. I doubt I will ever find The One.

Dec 23, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #14 of 20

Quote:
You found the right headphone when you no longer desire to upgrade.

Quote:
when you stop coming to this website

Quote:
You'll know when you reach it, then again certain headphones will have you wanting something new depending on the genre. Such is the life of an audiophile. 

These three kind of sum it up for me.  

Been a member here for a long time.....but it seems the past few years I've only been visiting HF whenever the previous 'best' setup for me breaks or develops an issue.

Just recently got 2 of the TF10s (one for keeping stock, one will be done via InEarz reshelled).  Also adding in the DigiZoid ZO2.....  I think I'll be done for awhile, or until something in that setup breaks.

I'm pretty darn close to audio nirvana for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back