How do you guys rate MDR-XD400?
Feb 17, 2008 at 12:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

stuge(original)

100+ Head-Fier
I have not heard much about XD400 here .I have listened music with it yesterday .IMO it does produces good or heavy bass ,but it is rather weak in other departments .

What are your thoughts guys ?

Feb 18, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #3 of 5
I heard one a couple of times, sounded really muddy but more dynamic than average Sony crap like the MDR-Vxxx's. But seems like you've already heard it and made your judgment, and that's what matters anyways.

Feb 18, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #4 of 5
I had a friend come over here for college and the first thing he did when he bought a new iPod was to buy a pair of Sony XD-200. If the XD-400 sounds anything like this younger brother, I'd consider looking for something else. From your post though, I agree with the above poster: it sounds like you've already heard them and know that he bass takes precedence over everything else in these phones. You can do better, but that's up to you and your ears as to whether or not the sound signature works for you.

Feb 18, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #5 of 5
It is pretty weak in all departments. Might be my worse headphone choice ever.
At the time(2 yrs ago) I paid only $40 for it. It wasn't worth that price. The only good points are that they are not heavy and are pretty comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back